✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Meaningof/Story behind "See You Soon"

ColdWombat

Guest LiquidSky

That song actually makes me go "awwwwwwww" :embarrased:

Because I think the song is about a guy being in love with a girl but she just happens to be so insecure of herself. And it just reminds me like if they were living in this little village and her family is taking her away to another place, well actually forcing her...and he says I'll be waiting for you here, "In a bullet-proof vest,With the windows all closed,I'll be doing my best" and then he says "I'll see you soon" and that last part is kinda saying to her "goodbye, I'll never see you again" but instead he says I'll see you soon, hoping that she will come back...

And then the next line it says "In a telescope lens,And when all you want is friends,I'll see you soon" She only wants to be friends with him, chances are she won't come back....

argh me and my thought :rolleyes: :lol: :D :glasses2:

LiquidSky, nice going!

and yeah, that song makes me kinda senti too.

but i don't think it's written/sung from personal experience. These guys seem to just get together and come up with lines that go together! lol. I think I heard them say so on the new dvd/cd set.

that way, I very much like Rush of Blood.

You don't think that's for real, do you? I mean, you think Chris Martin actually would buy a place and burn it down, etc.? :o

:cool:

Here's my interpretation... its sung from 1st person at times and 3rd at others.. and its about some sort of relationship where one person betrays the other or does something to make them "lose their trust"... for example a frienship where one friend is keen on somebody and the other friend knows this and starts seeing that person behind the friends back... so its sung 1st person when he says "in a bullet proof vest..." and he is talking about how he is basically trying to protect himself from being hurt again, and he knows he will eventually come around but for the time being he puts up a wall... and when he says " so you lost your trust..." its in 3rd person and its maybe even someone else talking to the person and kind of saying, get over it, or it'll be ok type of deal...

haha pretty elaborate interpretation... hmm the "hypathetical example" sounds a lot like a personal experience yea?

Guest LiquidSky
LiquidSky, nice going!

and yeah, that song makes me kinda senti too.

but i don't think it's written/sung from personal experience. These guys seem to just get together and come up with lines that go together! lol. I think I heard them say so on the new dvd/cd set.

that way, I very much like Rush of Blood.

You don't think that's for real, do you? I mean, you think Chris Martin actually would buy a place and burn it down, etc.? :o

:cool:

Chris burning down a house? hehehe :lol: naw, I think that song is about something else, hehehe :lol:

and another thing.... I never said that it was maybe because of a personal experience they had.....:confused: