✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Interview on Influences for MX (Hip-Hop, Dance, etc)

The Red Army

Of course - the fact that you're a regular listener of hip hop certainly lends more credibility to your opinion than someone who never listens to it.

Ok. I thought you were trying to imply that a "true" hip-hop fan would find their foray into that genre amateurish. So.. my apologies for the wrong assumption.

I guess I just don't find what's so upsetting about their latest work. At the core of all the experimentation, they still sound like Coldplay to me. I still recognize the band I fell in love with all those years ago. Granted, I'm not completely sold on ETIAW as yet. I think the lyrics are shit and Chris can do way better. He has done way better. But I'm fine with where they're going musically. They've managed to make four albums and none of them sound the same. That's quite hard to do. I think it's something to be proud of. I know the obvious album people will toss in a fire is X&Y. But, save for maybe one or two tracks, I loved it.

Oh, but I'll get back to you on that Rihanna collaboration come October 25th, lol.

As many influences as they have, Coldplay are such genius musicians that their creations sound like their own genre altogether :D :D I don't like that they like Jay -Z and Kanye, purely because those guys don't seem to be as concerned about earthly issues and incorporate it into their music as Coldplay does sometimes. But if that hip-hop becomes a part of the revolutionary and evolutionary Coldplay sound, then it's TOTALLY AMAZING! :)

Ok. I thought you were trying to imply that a "true" hip-hop fan would find their foray into that genre amateurish. So.. my apologies for the wrong assumption.

I guess I just don't find what's so upsetting about their latest work. At the core of all the experimentation, they still sound like Coldplay to me. I still recognize the band I fell in love with all those years ago. Granted, I'm not completely sold on ETIAW as yet. I think the lyrics are shit and Chris can do way better. He has done way better. But I'm fine with where they're going musically. They've managed to make four albums and none of them sound the same. That's quite hard to do. I think it's something to be proud of. I know the obvious album people will toss in a fire is X&Y. But, save for maybe one or two tracks, I loved it.

Oh, but I'll get back to you on that Rihanna collaboration come October 25th, lol.

A clap for you. :thumbsup:

For me a great musician can get inspiration of ANY kind of music (or drugs xD)

If they can use these hip-hop,rap,blablabla elements and make good music,great...you can get something good from all,the problem is know how to apply these "elements"

Sorry for my shitty English,i cant understand myself :lol: