✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay Interview on Influences for MX (Hip-Hop, Dance, etc)

The Red Army

The guitatist says "We where even influenced by an noseflute"

WTF,dont play the pseudo intellectuel,we clearly will hear nothing like that on the album.

The band just listened to jayz,kanye west,dj tiesto and alot of other bullshit,but if they would say that

then fans would simply say "fuck off"

WTF,dont play the pseudo intellectuel,we clearly will hear nothing like that on the album.

The band just listened to jayz,kanye west,dj tiesto and alot of other bullshit,but if they would say that

What the heck?

Kanye West and Jay-Z might be bullshit to you, but lots of other people like them. As Coldplay clearly does. There's nothing wrong with that.

What you said. :)

see you, just simmer down.

Kanye West and Jay-Z might be bullshit to you, but lots of other people like them. As Coldplay clearly does. There's nothing wrong with that.

I don't mind them listening to Kanye, Jay-Z or whatever for musical influence.... as long as they incorporate elements of the genre in an effective manner. Granted, we have a limited sample (as we don't have the album yet) but from the songs I've heard, the band's efforts to instill hip hop elements sound amateurish and uninspired.

I don't mind them listening to Kanye, Jay-Z or whatever for musical influence.... as long as they incorporate elements of the genre in an effective manner. Granted, we have a limited sample (as we don't have the album yet) but from the songs I've heard, the band's efforts to instill hip hop elements sound amateurish and uninspired.

I respectfully disagree.

That's fine but which part do you disagree with? Where I say it's ok that the band turns to hip hop for inspiration? Or the part where I say their efforts to incorporate hip hop elements sound amateurish?

If it's the latter, I have to ask: do you listen to hip hop on a regular basis?

I listen to hip hop on a more than regular basis, and I disagree with your comment about Coldplay's hip-hop/dance incorporated elements sounding amateurish. I think some of the stuff we have heard is some of the best hip-hop/rock fusions I've heard in a long time.

See, you're a very smart and presumably very educated person - so you're probably used to being able to call people out and cite your own knowledge as factual basis in discussion. Which is totally fine to do for most things. But it just doesn't work with music. Music transcends all of that, you can't really have an "informed opinion" on music the same way you can with mathematics, or say... history.

See, you're a very smart and presumably very educated person - so you're probably used to being able to call people out and cite your own knowledge as factual basis in discussion.

That's not what I was going for at all. I've consistently maintained the view that it's great to have disagreement in opinions - can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone just agreed with each other?

No, I was just curious to see if I was talking with someone who would be able to back up their opinion or someone who blindly supports all of Coldplay's musical ventures. For example, if the original poster never really listens to hip hop and then says something along the lines of "OMG, this is amazing hip hop," then it holds little value to someone who regularly listens to the genre.

That's not what I was going for at all. I've consistently maintained the view that it's great to have disagreement in opinions - can you imagine what the world would be like if everyone just agreed with each other?

No, I was just curious to see if I was talking with someone who would be able to back up their opinion or someone who blindly supports all of Coldplay's musical ventures. For example, if the original poster never really listens to hip hop and then says something along the lines of "OMG, this is amazing hip hop," then it holds little value to someone who regularly listens to the genre.

Ah okay, my apologies. I misinterpreted you!

That's fine but which part do you disagree with? Where I say it's ok that the band turns to hip hop for inspiration? Or the part where I say their efforts to incorporate hip hop elements sound amateurish?

If it's the latter, I have to ask: do you listen to hip hop on a regular basis?

The latter. And yes, I do listen to hip-hop on a regular basis. I was raised on hip-hop. Does that make my opinion more or less valid for some reason?

Of course - the fact that you're a regular listener of hip hop certainly lends more credibility to your opinion than someone who never listens to it.

I don't think she was implying that.

I think she was asking if her opinion means less than yours due to the fact that she's a listener of hip-hop.

THe answer, obviously, is no. Seriously, why the hell is everyone so bitchy on here today? Geez. Simmer down.

I think she was asking if her opinion means less than yours due to the fact that she's a listener of hip-hop.

If that's the case, then as I've already pointed out to Kiame, my goal wasn't to say my opinion is more important and should be adopted by others.

No, I was just curious if I was engaging in a conversation with a person who never listened to hip hop and wanted to talk about the merits of it. Because if that was the case, I wold have better luck talking to a brick wall.