✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

One of the best bits of the Album

JordanHH

absolute gorgeous - agree with the mixing too, what happened? on the live version, that part really elevated the song (when Will comes in) - am glad someone else in the band has a decent voice or at least is confident enough to sing with Chris. I feel like Jonny tries, whereas Guy just punts it even though he could probably sing, but doesn't want to bother.

As someone who has been otherwise notoriously bitter, I'm going to admit that the Chris/Will sequence on UATW is the best part of the entire album. Unlike "The Goldrush" where the two felt sloppy (though it was a B-side, so leeway is given), they work well together here. Personally, I think this is one area on the album where the studio version mixing benefits the song, as it tones Will down just enough that instead of having the two compete for the spotlight, he merely complements Chris's voice. Will has a nice voice, but Chris's is still better, so he's best used as support.

That said, I think Will's voice should still be used sparingly if used on future material. They can afford to be a little looser live, of course, but should be cautious on record.

absolute gorgeous - agree with the mixing too, what happened? on the live version, that part really elevated the song (when Will comes in) - am glad someone else in the band has a decent voice or at least is confident enough to sing with Chris. I feel like Jonny tries, whereas Guy just punts it even though he could probably sing, but doesn't want to bother.

Yes I think sometimes it's a real shame that Guy(obviously) is miming most of the songs like the ooohoh's on viva and Paradise. And I feel like Jonny tries but actually is a little unconfident of his singing abilities during live shows . Although you can hear him Sometimes during ETIAW, Politik or Paradise.