✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best Coldplay song since AROBTTH era?

TwistedPolitik

I think it is... Most of my favourite Coldplay tracks are from Parachutes or A Rush of Blood, with a few being from VLV and very little from X&Y and MX.

Charlie Brown is a fantastic song though, possibly in my top 5 Coldplay songs, the rest of my top five is made up of stuff from Rush mainly, since I think it's an album dominated by many of their best songs.

The only songs between the MX and Rush eras that could be considered some of my favourite Coldplay songs are Viva la Vida, Strawberry Swing, Talk or Square One. This is most probably better than all four of those. As someone who has made it clear how disappointed with MX, Charlie Brown is still a fantastic track in my eyes.

Hmmm I don't know that its THE best song since AROBTTH era, but I will agree in that I think AROBTTH is their BEST work. (IMO) Does CB have that signature 'Coldplay feel"? Absolutely... its things like this... these main ingredients, the core of this tune, is some of the stuff AROBTTH was born from..... It doesn't surprise me its the 1st song they did for the new record...

Its by far one of favorite songs on MX.... the rest of the album is great too. I'm not disappointed... I'm thoroughly enjoying getting to 'know' this record.

Well, I think Cemeteries of London is a better song CB so no. :P

But it is one of the strongest tracks on the album and my favourite. But sometimes I find that it's a little overrated. Many have said that this is their best song ever or the best song in this era, etc but I don't see it.

It's a great song but not the best song they've ever written or anything. It's up there with the greats but not THE great in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'm one of the few people on this forum that doesn't really care for Charlie Brown :sweatdrop:

I don't care for Charlie Brown either. It's a bit catchy at some parts but I'm not in love with it like everybody else seems to be. I think it's kinda boring :confused: