✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Don´t panic 12" Sealed!

rascaypica

Hi!

Recently I added this beauty to my collection. It´s the Don´t panic withdrawn 12", but, the most interesting is that this is a factory sealed copy! :shocked2:

I tried to get a good copy of this 12" since some years ago, but, never thought that there would exist a sealed copy. This 12" is in perfect mint conditions, no blendings, perfect corners, no scratches on the sleeve... just perfect!

I have no doubt... this is one of my favourite items from my collection! :D

Anybody there saw something like this, in this factory sealed conditions?

How many copies of this release do u think can be out there?

Cheers!

dsc3196x.jpg

dsc3197w.jpg

Wow!

If it there´s only about 250 copies, probably, we are talking about the only one sealed copy in the world! :o

I would love to play this 12", but, I think is better to keep it in pristine conditions, the history behind this record, the fact that this record was withdrawn on the day of his release, makes me think twice before opening it. I understand that I can open my Mylo Xyloto standard european CD to play it, until it burns, for example, but a record like this probably never will appear on the collectors market again. Anyway, I can listen it from the Don´t panic european CD edition.

The history behind of this 12" and the reason of how it arrived ´til today in this sealed conditions were told to me by the original owner.

He bought it in 2001 at his local records shop. In those days he was moving to another house, so, he packed all his record collection, and completely forgot it. Some time later he discovered it, as saw how the value of this 12" was increasing through the years...

I can say that i got a true bargain if you compare it with the latest copies which were sold. I even saw a copy which was sold in November for 360$ and the conditions were not very good... I got it for quite less... :cool:

I was just saying that I love to open my vinyls, to look at them (also this one is great to look at :D) and put them on the player. It's something I love. Indeed in my collection the pieces I love the most are my 12",7" etc...

I'm saying this cause sometimes i've opened my sealed copies only for looking and play them :) I don't care about the value, it's my collection, the important is to keep them mint without ruining them.

But sure, I can understand u! It's your little jewel!

I was just saying that I love to open my vinyls, to look at them (also this one is great to look at :D) and put them on the player. It's something I love. Indeed in my collection the pieces I love the most are my 12",7" etc...

I'm saying this cause sometimes i've opened my sealed copies only for looking and play them :) I don't care about the value, it's my collection, the important is to keep them mint without ruining them.

But sure, I can understand u! It's your little jewel!

Of course, Andrea.

For sure, every collector has his own way of enjoying their collections. All of them are fully respectable ways. :D

I have it in a ultra safe box... I will try to don´t ruin it... Each time I get it in my hands, I do it very carefully.

I think the good news for collectors is that, 11 years later to his release date we can still found jewels like this. It´s very hard to find something like this, but, the truth is that it´s possible. ;)

I can say that I got a bargain with this record, but, do u know, how much would be the value of one sealed copy like this, nowadays?

Wow!

If it there´s only about 250 copies, probably, we are talking about the only one sealed copy in the world! :o

I would love to play this 12", but, I think is better to keep it in pristine conditions, the history behind this record, the fact that this record was withdrawn on the day of his release, makes me think twice before opening it. I understand that I can open my Mylo Xyloto standard european CD to play it, until it burns, for example, but a record like this probably never will appear on the collectors market again. Anyway, I can listen it from the Don´t panic european CD edition.

The history behind of this 12" and the reason of how it arrived ´til today in this sealed conditions were told to me by the original owner.

He bought it in 2001 at his local records shop. In those days he was moving to another house, so, he packed all his record collection, and completely forgot it. Some time later he discovered it, as saw how the value of this 12" was increasing through the years...

I can say that i got a true bargain if you compare it with the latest copies which were sold. I even saw a copy which was sold in November for 360$ and the conditions were not very good... I got it for quite less... :cool:

Sold for 360$ in november... if you saw that on ebay, that would be me! :D

I was looking for this item for a long time and i did not wanted to let it slip away!

I can confirm you that it is in good condition! Not sealed like yours but in great great shape! :P

Congratulations for posessing one of the most valuable Coldplay release... Sealed! :)

Sold for 360$ in november... if you saw that on ebay, that would be me! :D

I was looking for this item for a long time and i did not wanted to let it slip away!

I can confirm you that it is in good condition! Not sealed like yours but in great great shape! :P

Congratulations for posessing one of the most valuable Coldplay release... Sealed! :)

Thanks NerdyHUMANOIDE! :D

This is a fantastic find! Once a year or so, look over the edges of the sleeve. If they're clean, you're safe to keep it, as is. But if they begin to bend (the plastic wrap can shrink over time), just make a clean slit along one side, and that should alleviate any stress to the sleeve. This works for CDs in cardsleeves too.

In Mint/sealed condition, you have an INSANELY awesome grab. In a better economy, I'd have paid upwards of $350 for it (and im sure im not the only one). For the time being, you'd probably still bring in $240-$280, maybe $300. But you'll be admiring it for a long long time, I'm sure! :-)

This is a fantastic find! Once a year or so, look over the edges of the sleeve. If they're clean, you're safe to keep it, as is. But if they begin to bend (the plastic wrap can shrink over time), just make a clean slit along one side, and that should alleviate any stress to the sleeve. This works for CDs in cardsleeves too.

In Mint/sealed condition, you have an INSANELY awesome grab. In a better economy, I'd have paid upwards of $350 for it (and im sure im not the only one). For the time being, you'd probably still bring in $240-$280, maybe $300. But you'll be admiring it for a long long time, I'm sure! :-)

Thank you very much for your tip. ;)

I didn´t know about that method to keep the 12" perfect. It´s a quite curious method, but, if it works, it´s good to know about it.

I have been very lucky, got a really nice bargain. It´s amazing to know that someone could pay that amout of money for this rare 12".

Cheers