✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Logic Pro?

Kacey

Does anyone have any experience with this software? As some of you may know, I make a lot of piano covers (http://www.youtube.com/kc89). I've been using Garageband to just directly record what I'm playing, and add a few minor effects. I'd like to go further though, to make my recordings sound more professional, especially if I'm layering and such. Is getting Logic a step in the right direction? Easy to learn? Will it make a difference?

Any help would be appreciated!

For myself, I have never worked with Logic before, but it seems to be a pretty good choice. Other software I could recommend would be Cubase or Melodyne. Melodyne has this really epic feature called Direct Note Access, which allows you to do some really cool things. Hope my answer does help at least a bit.

Logic is a professional level program but the learning curve is a bit higher than you expect. It's used by professionals to produce professional recordings and is not just a more advanced Garageband.

With some time and patience you'll be fine but it's not just sit down and use it.

It really depends on why you're looking for. For me, I dont have a Mac, but I have garage band on my iPod and it's amazing....

What I can compare this to is Windows Movie Maker:

I make movies, but I now use Sony Vegas to further my video editing. I never had any formal classes but now I can make, somewhat decent action movies etc.

I recommend looking up youtube tutorials on improving your recording via Logic Pro FIRST, before you buy the software to see if it can work for you.

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

spintercell, that track sounds really great. That's along the lines of what I'd like my recordings to sound like. Were you using midi with that? I've only been using direct recordings, but I think I might give midi another go (last time I tried it, there was severe lag between what I was playing and when it was recording, but I didn't have my mac then). I'll have to go get a cord. Logic should still come with a decent selection of piano sounds though right?

That'd be great if you could work on some of my stuff just so I know what difference it makes though.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have my midi cord yet, I'll get it once my amazing recording headphones arrive; which honestly should be soon. Is it okay if I send just the straight recordings? It just sounds like what's on the videos basically. I'm not sure if you can work with that, but if you could that'd be great. I'll probably send some of my old stuff.