✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Jonny's Fender Strat

Anyone know what kind of fender strat jonny uses? its the one he used at Spain for the Mylo Xzyloto Unstaged Concert for Politik. if you could help me figure out the year/model. would greatly appreciate. :D:sneaky::rolleyes::shocked2:

Anyone know what kind of fender strat jonny uses? its the one he used at Spain for the Mylo Xzyloto Unstaged Concert for Politik. if you could help me figure out the year/model. would greatly appreciate. :D:sneaky::rolleyes::shocked2:

He's using at least 4 of them this tour. I'm not sure of the exact model or year, but they look vintage to me. In many of the photos from the current tour, you can see that the laquer finish is missing from the back of the necks. My guess is that they're probably 1970's strats, but it's really hard to tell since they're painted. Sorry I can't be of more help.:(

Jonny has used the Fender Telecaster Thinline for years now.

Every now and then he throws in a Strat (Paradise) and Les Paul (Violet Hill), but 95% of the time it's the Telecaster Thinline '72 reissue.

Here is the actual guitar:

http://bit.ly/f2X9ek

Not that expensive either!

Jonny has used the Fender Telecaster Thinline for years now.

Every now and then he throws in a Strat (Paradise) and Les Paul (Violet Hill), but 95% of the time it's the Telecaster Thinline '72 reissue.

Here is the actual guitar:

http://bit.ly/f2X9ek

Not that expensive either!

He is definitely not using those Mexican made teles, and I don't even think most of them are reissues, I thought he had originals?

He's using at least 4 of them this tour. I'm not sure of the exact model or year, but they look vintage to me. In many of the photos from the current tour, you can see that the laquer finish is missing from the back of the necks. My guess is that they're probably 1970's strats, but it's really hard to tell since they're painted. Sorry I can't be of more help.:(

I don't think they are 70s strats as they don't have the enlarged headstock

He is definitely not using those Mexican made teles, and I don't even think most of them are reissues, I thought he had originals?

He actually did have a couple of the mexican reissues in his set up during the twisted logic/VLV eras. I think he still plays some reissue ones, but now they are newer American Vintage reissues (or whatever they're called). His "main" thinlines are original 1970's models though.

• 2 weeks later...
i found a pic of him playing it, and to me the headstock look's like a 50's / 60's ???

I'm by no means sure on the 70's issue. I haven't come across any pics where the guitar is enlarged/positioned clearly enough to see details. I just thought that in a few of the pics it looked like it could have the bigger headstock.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure he's playing a 60s strat? It looks very much like my fender classic player 60s strat, with a vintage bridge and trem.. don't know the exact models he plays though..?

I'd think it unlikely that it's an actual vintage strat from the 60's. Strats that old are notoriously tempermental, and many pro players consider them totally unpractical as live day to day touring insturments. It could well be a reissue or even a custom shop model though.

I BELIEVE IT'S A 1972 TELECASTER,I THINK IT MAY HAVE A NAME ATTACHED-VINTAGE OR SOMETHING I THINK HE OWNS A 1974 TELECASTER AS WELL,I READ SOMEWHERE,THESE WERE HIS FAVOURITES.

Yes, his Teles are a mix of vintage 70's ones and a few reissues, but we're talking about his Strats here.