✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

why is everone against the war on iraq?

Matter-Eater Lad

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't give me some bull-crap about morals and saving lives.

Me too. I don't buy it either really. But I do say Saddam out of power is a good thing because for christ sakes, he killed at least a million of his own people, but I'm also saying that there should have been no War at all because we had no reason to be there in the first place. We should have completely kept out. I'm not against war, I believe it's needed if there's an actual cause for it.

How would Americans feel if the whole world armed and egged on Fidel Castro against America?

Okay that is a scary thought!!:stunned: :lol:

And there was a better way of dealing with Saddam. By using the international community. Just like all nations helped bring down Slobodan Milosevic in 1999.

What were we doing there anyways?

Guest LiquidSky
Because you can't see the problem. IRAQ WAS NEVER THREATENING US' date=' THERE WAS NO DANGER, EVEN IF THEY HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, THEY WEREN'T THREATENING US WITH ANY AND THERE FOR WE HAD NO REASON TO GO INTO IRAQ. Oh, but look...When no weapons were found the war was suddenly about, "Iraq's Freedom". Next time we should have an actual reason for going to war. At least we did in 2001.[/quote']

Ummm actually we did HAD A REASON, YOU DUMMIE!

Perhaps, you should start pay more attention to your history class and or maybe go a few years back... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest LiquidSky

Isn't it so Ironic, how two years ago the whole world loved us? :o

When America was savegely attacked by Al-Qaeda terrorists on 9-11, virtually the world was WITH US. What I don't understand is why can't people see that if the United States is the most powerful country and after what happened on 9-11, don't they see that this whole thing has gotten out of control and now it doesn't even matter if you are in the United States or not to be safe? You are not safe anywhere anymore... But ohhh when we try to take action, before another disaster happens, the whole world is against us :o that is kinda shocking, but the true is that the simple word of "War" scares everybody and knowing all the facts I still don't understand why some people are against :rolleyes: I think the President Bush did the right thing...'cause if you think about it...either way he was screwed already... if he hadn't done anything, there would have been another disaster already and people would hate him for that, instead he took action and people still hate him for that...so he was screwed already...

The world apparently likes the U.S. when it is on its knees. From that the Democrats deduce a foreign policy, remain on our knees, humble and sumplicant, and enjoy the applause and "support" of the world. That is just not degrading but fool's bargain...3,000 dead for a day's worth of nice words and a few empty U.N. resolutions. The fact is that the world hates us for our wealth, our success, and our power. They hate us into incoherence. So for all you anti-Americans out there, go suck your own dicks!

When America was savegely attacked by Al-Qaeda terrorists on 9-11, virtually the world was WITH US. What I don't understand is why can't people see that if the United States is the most powerful country and after what happened on 9-11, don't they see that this whole thing has gotten out of control and now it doesn't even matter if you are in the United States or not to be safe? You are not safe anywhere anymore... But ohhh when we try to take action, before another disaster happens, the whole world is against us :o that is kinda shocking, but the true is that the simple word of "War" scares everybody and knowing all the facts I still don't understand why some people are against :rolleyes: I think the President Bush did the right thing...'cause if you think about it...either way he was screwed already... if he hadn't done anything, there would have been another disaster already and people would hate him for that, instead he took action and people still hate him for that...so he was screwed already...

The world apparently likes the U.S. when it is on its knees. From that the Democrats deduce a foreign policy, remain on our knees, humble and sumplicant, and enjoy the applause and "support" of the world. That is just not degrading but fool's bargain...3,000 dead for a day's worth of nice words and a few empty U.N. resolutions. The fact is that the world hates us for our wealth, our success, and our power. They hate us into incoherence. So for all you anti-Americans out there, go suck your own dicks!

I can't believe you posted this. This is not what I would have expected from you. It's not that I would have expected you to be pro- or con-war, but just the manner in whch you went about arguing your point(?) ...

Wow.[/img]

Guest LiquidSky

I can't believe you posted this. This is not what I would have expected from you. It's not that I would have expected you to be pro- or con-war, but just the manner in whch you went about arguing your point(?) ...

Wow.[/img]

What? You think I'm ignorant? :rolleyes: And if you don't get the point; I feel sorry for you. Just knowing the fact that you are older than me and for you to still don't get what I'm trying to say here it's kinda sad, don't you think?

Why was I against going to war in Iraq?

Why would anybody support one country going against the almost unanimous decision of the international community and acting unilaterally in support of its isolated beliefs? The U.S. did this because it felt it was in the right, but being part of an international community carries with it a responsibility to adhere to a group's decision.

But let's be real: The United States has never felt itself part of a community, going all the way back to the League of Nations. The Bush Administration has pulled us out of Kyoto, out of the ABM, and taken us to war in Iraq, thus undermining the UN. It's clear the United States doesn't consider itself part of any community, and if I were an EU member nation I would be reluctant to trust the United States in any endevour, be it military (see Iraq), trade (see steel tariffs), treaties (see ABM), or the environment (see Kyoto).

Going to Iraq wasn't about 9-1-1. Nobody has been able to demonstrate this and as of a few months ago President Bush admitted there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and the attacks on the towers. Because the U.S. has not been able to demonstrate an eminent treat, the decision to go to Iraq only looks good from a humanitarian perspective, justification enough to go to war were it the reason the troops were sent there.

LiquidSky's evokation of 9-11 as a justification for what the U.S. has done fails to acknowledge that terrorism happens all around the world: Asia, Africa, the Middle East, South America, etc. The United States is the only nation who has used this as a reason to undermine international authorities. If you argue that the U.S. can do this because of the scope of the attack (3,000 people) or the fact that it was a civilian target, I have two counterpoints: Hiroshima. Nagasaki.

So do I find it ironic that the whole world loved us after 9-11 and now are in conflict with us? Only in the same way that I find reason ironic.

Wow.[/img]

What? You think I'm ignorant? :rolleyes: And if you don't get the point; I feel sorry for you. Just knowing the fact that you are older than me and for you to still don't get what I'm trying to say here it's kinda sad, don't you think?

No, I wasn't making a comment as to your ignorance or knowledge. I was commenting on the manner by which you chose to show your ignorance or knowledge. Evoking a sexual metaphor is probably not the most endearing way to go about arguing your point.

Guest LiquidSky

Wow.[/img]

No, I wasn't making a comment as to your ignorance or knowledge. I was commenting on the manner by which you chose to show your ignorance or knowledge. Evoking a sexual metaphor is probably not the most endearing way to go about arguing your point.

I'm sorry Richard, I'm just :x right now that I could physically kill someone right now! So be aware of me :lol: lmao! :lol:

Guest LiquidSky

Why would anybody support one country going against the almost unanimous decision of the international community and acting unilaterally in support of its isolated beliefs? The U.S. did this because it felt it was in the right, but being part of an international community carries with it a responsibility to adhere to a group's decision.

But let's be real: The United States has never felt itself part of a community, going all the way back to the League of Nations. The Bush Administration has pulled us out of Kyoto, out of the ABM, and taken us to war in Iraq, thus undermining the UN. It's clear the United States doesn't consider itself part of any community, and if I were an EU member nation I would be reluctant to trust the United States in any endevour, be it military (see Iraq), trade (see steel tariffs), treaties (see ABM), or the environment (see Kyoto).

Going to Iraq wasn't about 9-1-1. Nobody has been able to demonstrate this and as of a few months ago President Bush admitted there was no connection between Saddam Hussein and the attacks on the towers. Because the U.S. has not been able to demonstrate an eminent treat, the decision to go to Iraq only looks good from a humanitarian perspective, justification enough to go to war were it the reason the troops were sent there.

LiquidSky's evokation of 9-11 as a justification for what the U.S. has done fails to acknowledge that terrorism happens all around the world: Asia, Africa, the Middle East, South America, etc. The United States is the only nation who has used this as a reason to undermine international authorities. If you argue that the U.S. can do this because of the scope of the attack (3,000 people) or the fact that it was a civilian target, I have two counterpoints: Hiroshima. Nagasaki.

So do I find it ironic that the whole world loved us after 9-11 and now are in conflict with us? Only in the same way that I find reason ironic.

I can't believe you just said this :o But from what I read this is gonna be a never ending story and I am very upset right now, so I'll just let at that...and yes you were calling me ignorant

I can't believe you just said this :o But from what I read this is gonna be a never ending story and I am very upset right now, so I'll just let at that...and yes you were calling me ignorant

I'm going to quote my original response, add caps and bolding to make it perfectly clear that I was NOT calling you ignorant:

"I can't believe you posted this. This is not what I would have expected from you. It's not that I would have expected you to be pro- or con-war, but JUST THE MANNER IN WHCH (sic) YOU WANT ABOUT ARGUING YOUR POINT(?) ... "

I never called you naive or said you didn't know what you were talking about. I respect your opinion but strongly disagree with it. I can't respect you miscontruing my comments to be a label of ignorance for you.

Guest LiquidSky

I'm going to quote my original response, add caps and bolding to make it perfectly clear that I was NOT calling you ignorant:

"I can't believe you posted this. This is not what I would have expected from you. It's not that I would have expected you to be pro- or con-war, but JUST THE MANNER IN WHCH (sic) YOU WANT ABOUT ARGUING YOUR POINT(?) ... "

I never called you naive or said you didn't know what you were talking about. I respect your opinion but strongly disagree with it. I can't respect you miscontruing my comments to be a label of ignorance for you.

You said that you couldn't believe what I posted & made it sound that you thought I was ignorant (before) and then on the other post you said "No, I wasn't making a comment as to your ignorance or knowledge. I was commenting on the manner by which you chose to show your ignorance or knowledge. Evoking a sexual metaphor is probably not the most endearing way to go about arguing your point"

You said that you couldn't believe what I posted & made it sound that you thought I was ignorant (before) and then on the other post you said "No, I wasn't making a comment as to your ignorance or knowledge. I was commenting on the manner by which you chose to show your ignorance or knowledge. Evoking a sexual metaphor is probably not the most endearing way to go about arguing your point"

I was in disbelief about your manner, not your knowledge level. You misinterpreted that despite the fact that I said I was not concerned with the pro- or con-war stance vis a vis that particular comment of mine.

I really don't see where you're getting this.

i shouldve taken rain's advice and skipped the past pages, same thing being said over and over, so i guess its my turn to speak my mind...

the war with iraq was necessary, but the necessary thing to do isnt always the right thing to do. i would support bush if he had only done one thing, regardless of the war and the bs with the UN, if we had gone to war to fix our past mistakes, i couldve respected bush. if he could go on global tv, and announce, we were wrong when we first installed saddam and left him in power even after going to war once already and we have to make our past mistakes right. ousting saddam wont bring anyone who has died because of him back, but you cant change that now. we let the iraqi people down 3 times, once was too many. but that was not bush's reason (note 'bush's reason', not 'americas reason'). operation iraqi freedom? obvious political ploy. im actually very disappointed that someone could turn our folly into a triumph. im ashamed that our president would go along with it. should we help in countries where innocent people die? yes. but being realistic we can do very little, even if we dedicated our entire economy we couldnt solve the worlds problems. thats the UN's job, but no one seems to care that they hardly take action to help. i cant name a single country where innocent people die. when no country deserves help more or less than another based on the human element, then it defers to another element, mostly political and economic. then you have to factor in the thought that we can only aid those countries where we have a chance of winning. everyone says we may help out countries in the balkans from ethnic cleansing, but we dont care about what happens in africa, we tried to help, and failed miserably in somalia. we learned we have no chance of winning that kind of war, so theres no point fighting. the war on terror isnt far off. just like the war on drugs, the war on terror will never end, but its politically 'fashionable' (couldnt think of a good word) to support it. if a president wanted to end the war on drugs, everyone would think he supports drugs, so if a president ended the war on terror everyone would think he supports terror. no one wants to admit we cant win. they cant win either. hijacking a plane wont bring down america. more people in america probably die from bee stings each year than have died from terrorists in the past several years (aside from 9/11). in short im disappointed in bush for trying to turn a situation we caused and couldve stopped but didnt before into a campaign slogan. in our defense i dont believe we knew what saddam was capable of when we supported his initial rise to power. but everyone needs to calm down, next year is an election year and so long as the democrats dont mess things up within their own party and dont show the people such facts as the indiscriminate hostility by bush towards iraq and the fact that since hes been in office weve been in a economic depression he should be gone. hopefully our next president will have a shred of dignity and ethics. but, despite everything weve done, shouldve done, and shouldnt have done, the one thing i hate most of all is how people across the world hate americans, what did i do to you? saddam was the leader of iraq, but i dont hate iraqis, so why should people hate me because they dont like bush? the only difference here is our countries blemish will be gone this time next year.

thats all i wanna type for now, i probably missed some important point but ive written ENOUGH

and everyone who has posted in this thread....SMILE :)