✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

why is everone against the war on iraq?

Matter-Eater Lad

some idiot press. you just say that and get away with it? you got American presidents and you are calling them idiots?

You're calling Nixon, Bush Sr., Reagan, F.D.R., and Ike (a decorated General himself) all Idiots??? I'd have any of them for Prez again than this moron that we have right now in the Oval Office.

You can't run away from responsibility like that, by calling past presidents idiots or some such thing.

And what great did Bush Jr. do while right under his noses, Indonesians killed East Timorese. Did Bush send his army there? What is Bush doing of Chinese killings in Tibet?

Why did he pick Iraq when Pakistan or any other country is/was jucier target? And why isn't he moving against all the places I've mentioned already. The main part of Iraq war has been over for 9 months now... :dozey: he got armies to go and "free" other people...

You got nothing against what people have already said about this war: fought for oil, economics, prestige (son going after dad's enemy), and politics (winning there will get Bush Jr. re-elected).

meanwhile, NOBODY with sane mind has ever said that Saddam actually supported, armed, or trained any terrorists that attacked any U.S. interests, most of all the 9/11 targets.

Rather, it was our "ally" Saudi Arabia that supported and nurtured 18 or 19 terrorists of 9/11.

There was no role of Iraq or Saddam in that.

Bush accepts it, that's why he never says anything of the terrorist connection anymore. :dozey:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mr. cool. Our government (at State level) did all sorts of nasty things to Blacks and Native Americans. Would you have allowed any other country to come attack us and tell us what to do about our population?

That too, under the first pretense that we were a threat to them? How about France coming over and kicking our butt for that?

Doesn't make any sense, does it?

U.S. was the last major 'Christian' country in the world to ban slavery or the slave trade. just for your info...

ok i said they should have helped, my point is about the iraq war and bush did the right thing not about pakistan, bush cant do anything bout that , but he could do something about iraq, stop changing the subject, saddam had training camps in norh iraq, and the suadi gov didnt support terrorist, they are helping us try to stop it, atleast they are when the us is watching, what im saying this whole time is the war on iraq was just and i already stated the MANY reasone why, we cant change what happend in other countries, bush saw that iraq needed to be dealth with, i gtg but if u cant see why the war was needed then ur blined by ur hate of bush,

mr. cool. Our government (at State level) did all sorts of nasty things to Blacks and Native Americans. Would you have allowed any other country to come attack us and tell us what to do about our population?

That too, under the first pretense that we were a threat to them? How about France coming over and kicking our butt for that?

Doesn't make any sense, does it?

U.S. was the last major 'Christian' country in the world to ban slavery or the slave trade. just for your info...

once agian that was a long time ago, saddam wasnt, stop making excusses that happend a long time ago all im saying is the war in iraq was just, so what if we had slaves 100 yrs ago or so, they still lived better than many pple in iraq, IM VERY SORRY U R SO BLIND U CANT SEE,

War in Iraq was totally unjust. A just war is fought in self-defense. Whole world was told by Bush that this was America's first offensive war. Totally unjust. Totally unwarranted. Totally un-wanted.

Why can't America change things in other countries. Why did it pick Iraq? You have to think about it, for you're supporting it. You've not given one sane answer for that...instead you give us your MORALITY crap! It's full of shit to think America fights wars for others. We fight all the wars for our own tiny self-interest, nothing moral about it.

Bush saw Iraq as the way of winning the next election, that's the main reason.

War in Iraq was totally unjust. A just war is fought in self-defense. Whole world was told by Bush that this was America's first offensive war. Totally unjust. Totally unwarranted. Totally un-wanted.

Why can't America change things in other countries. Why did it pick Iraq? You have to think about it, for you're supporting it. You've not given one sane answer for that...instead you give us your MORALITY crap! It's full of shit to think America fights wars for others. We fight all the wars for our own tiny self-interest, nothing moral about it.

Bush saw Iraq as the way of winning the next election, that's the main reason.

we had to start somewhere. it was just the people wanted it ,i gtg

you want the whole slate of past American skulduggery removed, wiped out? Well not everyone has short memories, mister.

And even discounting past American ruthlessness and disregard for human values/freedom, I gave you many other examples of the "here" and "now" where Bush could have fought a just war, with all the international support to prove it!

why start with a lame place? why not hit the terrorists where they hide...in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan?

Iraq had NO terrorists that the government was aware of. It's a hyped-up thing to try and get some connection going between terrorists and Saddam. Fact is, Saddam was a secular dictator with no regard for Islam, while the terrorists are/were all Islamists...if they'd have ever met Saddam, they'd have first lynched him!

goes to show how much (or little, rather!) you know of this world affairs. :dozey:

instead just mouthing some fantastic ideas of people helping other people....what crap is that.

why don't you go help people of Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, if you care to help so much?

You guys are going to hate me for saying this but I do agree with mrcool011 on some things.

Yes, I agree with the rest of you too but as someone who lives in a zone that Saddam has always had a "soft spot" for (:rolleyes:) and terror is just a daily matter, something HAD to be done. I'm not going to say that invating Iraq was right or wrong, it's got nothing to do with me and each to their own on this one, but someone HAD to stop Saddam.

One of the very few memories I have from my childhood is waking up in the middle of the night with my dad carrying me on his arms, a loud alarm going off on the radio and my family all sitting down in a shelter for hours with gas-masks on. Then having all my family and everyone we knew staying with us.

This lasted for months... I was four years old at the time and I'll never forget it.

Last year just before the war started the same thing went on, only this time I was seventeen. We had to leave our home for a few days, we had to carry our gas masks with us everywhere (even to school or the bathroom), I had so many sleepless nights because I was too scared I might hear the alarm go off once again.

So I'm not going on about the political view of the war, but let me just say that I'm over the moon knowing I won't have to experience this again (unless a new Saddam comes up, which I'm sure will happen).

Like mrcool011 said, Saddam is no better than Hitler.

Just my two cents. Feel free to hate me but I know there's still the little child inside me that still gets tears in her eyes whenever she thinks about these memories, but still is very glad this thing is over.

Kettercat, I agree with you, in that you as an individual and innocent suffered due to saddam.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have taken him down. I'm just saying that using all sorts of moralistic arguments to support this war is not only idiocy but to not point it out is a bigger stupidity, and I didn't want to be that stupid about it.

I'm guessing you're in Israel. But where I background is, MILLIONS have suffered due to ill-advised American policy of backing dictators in a neighboring country.

How would Americans feel if the whole world armed and egged on Fidel Castro against America?

All I'm saying is, American policy of war and other foreign dealings can hardly be supported in moralistic terms.

And there was a better way of dealing with Saddam. By using the international community. Just like all nations helped bring down Slobodan Milosevic in 1999.

Funny thing is, if the U.S. knew where all the WMDs were, howcome we still haven't found them? If Powell can show the UN pictures of trucks apparently producing chemical weapons, we should have found those trucks by now. And howcome Saddam didn't unleash any of these weapons in his final war? even when allied armies were at his capital?

That's why I said I agree with everyone in a way, I completely agree :)

Honestly, I'm just glad Saddam's been taken care off (well, he's got loads more coming his way ;)), I just don't agree with the fact that Saddam wasn't a threat. I'm sure there were better options but I think the point mrcool011 was trying to make in the beginning was that the good thing that came out of it was Saddam taken down.

Anyway, MAKE PEACE NOT WAR guys :D

Saddam taken down is good thing.

but your means have to be justified. and the means were/are not fully justifiable, sorry to say. :confused:

and the bad things coming out of this war:

America setting a precedent for itself (and other powers) of attacking other countries without being attacked first

America (and the world!) suffering the rule (most likely) of this prez for yet another term.

Making a martyr of Saddam in the eyes of Islamists who are surely plotting their next violent attack against America (and in this, America would be the sole target, vs. if the war was waged by a true international coalition).

America losing its friends and being called a maverick.

etc.

etc.

of course it's good for the countries around Iraq that saddam is gone. but none of them really supported his ouster, not much in any case.

i'd be even decently satisfied if mrcool and people of his ilk just stop using moralistic, condescending tone to justify this war, after the fact.

if he was so gung-ho about tearing-down saddam, there should have been a cry rung out across america for that cause. lack of such a thing tells me that some people are out there trying to make hay out of this war to support their own narrow goals....

:angry:

Ha I saw this thread and skipped the second page because I knew it was going to be all flames. Personally, I think the war in Iraq turned out good, even if the original purpose was not met. Saddam should not have been in power, the US got him out of power, weapons of mass destruction or not, some good came out of it. If you ask me, Saddam was a "weapon of mass destruction". So in a sense yes there were, now there aren't, two birds with one stone if you throw in the oil. I think the majority of people against Bush live in America :lol: . ITS GETTING KIND OF LOUD IN HERE! CAN WE PLEASE KEEP THE REST OF THE THREAD AT A DULL ROAR?! inside voices. thank you :nice: