✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is the ending of Politik the best ever?

Linus

I won't even start talking about the other Coldplay songs that move me but I can say this one is definitely on top along with Fix You.

The song in its entirety is a bomb of emotion and power but that ending is really something overwhelming. Not only I get the shivers every time but sometimes it really gives me butterflies in the stomach. And I can swear I'm not overreacting. It really moves me and that bit "Give me love over, love over this" is so inexplicable...

I'm over now before I can't stop. :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

I was trying to listen this song few times before and stopped, because i wasn't fan of rock at the base, and always stopped after few seconds before i listen Music of the Spheres. but i wanted to make a chance when i hear a live version of this song (in 2002 in the french canadian TV Musique Plus when the album came out) in Youtube, and WOW. A epic song and a incredible opening of the album. The ending was so epic, Chris voice sound like a instrumental in the end of the song, because it's confonded with the musical vibe and pair so well and shaked all of my body (soul, heart and all over my body) and the two crash in a good way this song. This song was a perfect song for music fans, slow in the verses and rock in the chorus. The song was a statement of compassion for the victim of 9/11 in New Work and wasn't just sad and dramatic, but also so empathic. A piece of art.

Edited by wcd199317