✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is the ending of Politik the best ever?

Linus

Even though my favourite Coldplay song by far is Charlie Brown, and my favourite performance by an even bigger margin is A Rush Of Blood To The Head Live 2003, I still get a realy wierd shivering feeling every single time I hear the last bit of Politik, speacially from the Live 2003 CD/DVD. And the higher the volume, the worse/better it gets :D

The thing is, apart from when listening to this bit of the song, I've only felt that exact same feeling 2 times.

-When Coldplay took the stage in Stockholm on the 22nd of August 2009

-When Coldplay took the stage in Stockholm on the 30th of August 2012

(that should give you an idea of why I have to know if there is something speciall about this perticular part)

If you don't know what I'm talking about (which you should), here it is.

from 2:58

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHlYLt7Vt2c]Politik - Coldplay - YouTube[/ame]

and from 3:58

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8wCJ9A0TUg]Coldplay Politik Live 2003 DVD - YouTube[/ame]

:nod:

• 1 month later...
Don't even get me started. I'm just glad I'm not the only weirdo. :lol: I drive to the supermarket and sit in the parking lot until the song is over so I don't miss the ending.

hah brilliant! do the same exactly. so powerful it moves me every time. same with the rest of the album. can't get enough of it after 10 years

hah brilliant! do the same exactly. so powerful it moves me every time. same with the rest of the album. can't get enough of it after 10 years

TY for bumping this thread. I'm working and business is great on this 1st working day of 2013. I just watched every single version of this great song so many times in between calls.

The special thing about poltik's ending is the message it's giving. For majority of politik, its about, I think, propaganda (give me real don't give me fake) and war. But in the end, Chris cries out, "Give me love over, love over, love over this!" pretty much contrasting the overall message of the song, saying yeah, I want to know the truth, but I'd rather have peace and love over war. Or at least that's how I've seen it as. Either way, it's epic.