✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Campaign: Statement from the band about latin america!

matsimon

A matter of respect for the fans!

As we know, the band announced the tour in Latin America, and three days later announced the postponement of the tour ... with the following statement:

"With much regret, we have been forced to postpone our recently-announced Latin America tour dates due to unforeseen circumstances. We're very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to the shows and we hope to reschedule them soon. "

My proposal is as follows: press the band about the tour ... will come, or they will not come? If yes, when?

Since the postponement, we did not have a convincing answer even ... both from the band, as producers ...the tour was canceled? postponed? why? Grammy? More dates? Personal problems or health of the band members?

Let us send emails, tweet, post on facebook ... if anyone knows producers, someone connected to banda ... anything, we must do something!

As I said in the first sentence, is a matter of respect!

This is getting very annoying to the band, especially in terms of image!

As we know, the band announced the tour in Latin America, and three days later announced the postponement of the tour ... with the following statement:

"With much regret, we have been forced to postpone our recently-announced Latin America tour dates due to unforeseen circumstances. We're very sorry to everyone who was looking forward to the shows and we hope to reschedule them soon. "

My proposal is as follows: press the band about the tour ... will come, or they will not come? If yes, when?

Since the postponement, we did not have a convincing answer even ... both from the band, as producers ...the tour was canceled? postponed? why? Grammy? More dates? Personal problems or health of the band members?

Let us send emails, tweet, post on facebook ... if anyone knows producers, someone connected to banda ... anything, we must do something!

With respect, the band don't "owe" anyone any kind of explanation beyond what they gave, especially since they never actually put anything on sale for any of the dates.

Let us send emails, tweet, post on facebook ... if anyone knows producers, someone connected to banda ... anything, we must do something!!

Sending them loads of emails, tweets and Facebook messages won't change anything. I'm pretty sure they will do everything they can to make the Latin America tour happen and they will announce more about it as soon as possible.

I know it is indeed awful to get tour dates only after their own crew were referring to Australia as the last leg of the current tour. Besides the feeling of being somewhat left out, the tour was cancelled barely days afterwards. Yes, it is undeniably awful. However, on what grounds can one say that they lacked respect? They literally said "We're very sorry" and said that cancelling the shows was due to something unforeseeable. Coldplay do not cancel their shows out of the blue like this, do they? How often does Chris say that they have the best job in the world and thoroughly expresses gratitude to their fans? It's safe to say that the same feeling is held by the whole band. Therefore, imo, there's no reason to call it a matter of respect.

I think the bitterness and sadness (which I experience myself, being Brazilian) are not to be confused with lack of respect from Coldplay. They didn't cancel the Latin American Tour because it's Latin America: they probably did it because of some extrinsic reason which they may come forward and reveal when they find it appropriate. It was most likey a very bad combination of not being the best concert market in the world (which would guarantee us dates as soon as the tour was being set up) and a strike of bad luck (unforseeable events that utimately led them to cancel our tour).

Hence, bombarding their social networks might be a desproportional measure and it's then that disrespect may come up - from us and not from them and I'm sure no one wants it to backfire like this.

Let's take a leap of faith (even if it's not the first one concerning this issue) and hope that they reschedule soon (a reschedule is in the plans, as also literally said in the quoted announcement) :thumbsup:

It only does if one construes things like this (if they think that the band is negligent, which we don't have evidence of whatsoever). (Not that their image, as opposed to underlying principles, would matter anyway.)

^ I agree with everything said on that post.

I'm sad and disappointed as well, but bombarding them with messages (which, probably, some of them will be rude) is not going to solve anything, or get us anything; we will only come across as annoying and disrespectful.

I believe there is a good reason why they postponed it, I don't think it was just because they felt like doing it and, believe me, they lost as well since a lot of people got mad and all the planing and everything they had done with the promoters got lost.

Let's just calm down and hope something good happens. I mean, we've been waiting for some years, a few months isn't that much :wink:

I also feel very sad and disappointed and I even admit of being guilty of sending them the occasional tweet telling them how much we still love them and we wait for them here, but massively demanding explanations will only make us come across as annoying and rude. As much as I'd like to have one, to at least try to make sense of what happened, I doubt they will give us one since they haven't done it til now and the Oracle hasn't said anything at all regarding the whole postponement business ( and it would be a safe bet to say she got hundreds of questions about that :P) and by being impolite we won't change that. I guess the only thing we can do is keep waiting and hoping they solve whatever it was that caused this.

I believe there is a good reason why they postponed it, I don't think it was just because they felt like doing it and, believe me, they lost as well since a lot of people got mad and all the planing and everything they had done with the promoters got lost.

Sorry, but I don't think there's a reason good enough... and they would have told us if there was.

Sorry, but I don't think there's a reason good enough... and they would have told us if there was.

Last thing I heard was a Brazilian journalist saying something about Coldplay finding out how Lady Gaga and Madonna's concerts had not sold out and deciding to back out because of this for fear of playing in front of an empty stadium or something along those lines. I don't know how true this is or how reliable that journalist and his sources are. However, imagine for a moment this was the reason they decided to postpone, they wouldn't say it, even if -for them-it is good enough.

To be frank, they're under absolutely no obligation to tour anywhere, and as such don't need a reason (good or not) to not play shows in a given area.

Last thing I heard was a Brazilian journalist saying something about Coldplay finding out how Lady Gaga and Madonna's concerts had not sold out and deciding to back out because of this for fear of playing in front of an empty stadium or something along those lines. I don't know how true this is or how reliable that journalist and his sources are. However, imagine for a moment this was the reason they decided to postpone, they wouldn't say it, even if -for them-it is good enough.

That sounds more like a promoter side issue, as Coldplay would make their guarantee regardless. I could easily see the promoter(s) worried about taking a loss on the shows though.

To be frank, they're under absolutely no obligation to tour anywhere, and as such don't need a reason (good or not) to not play shows in a given area.

No, they are not. But, in this case, they announced it and withdrew only a couple of days later. Coldplay and their crew are professionals, I think there must be some good reason to postpone the concerts in this way, which I don't think it's something they've done before; at the very least, it's not something they make a habit of.

No, they are not. But, in this case, they announced it and withdrew only a couple of days later. Coldplay and their crew are professionals, I think there must be some good reason to postpone the concerts in this way, which I don't think it's something they've done before; at the very least, it's not something they make a habit of.

Again though, it was only a preliminary announcement and nothing ever went on sale. There were no ticket holders, thus no one is "out" anything by the postponement. I'm sure they have a reason, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure, and like I said above, I'm not sure anyone's entitled to more than they've gotten so far. Just my opinion.

Financially, there probably weren't any big losses for people who were planning to attend a concert (that I know of). But it's more a matter of being disappointed, which comes even if you know that Coldplay are not kidding us around or that they don't own us anything. That's just weird to announce a tour at a short notice and postpone it right afterwards, that's all. There must be something amiss and we'd like to know, if possible, what's going on. I personally don't feel as if someone is ripping me off of my rights. I just want to know what's going on and trust that it's not anything bad. That's just my opinion as well :)

Yes. We should do some sort of campaign!

They sold out in 2010 and now they are bigger and they know it, so that's not a problem I guess

That sounds more like a promoter side issue, as Coldplay would make their guarantee regardless. I could easily see the promoter(s) worried about taking a loss on the shows though.

I don't know how true what the journalist said is. He later said Coldplay "owed" a decent explanation to the producers (the local ones) So I don't know if he knows what he's talking about.

Financially, there probably weren't any big losses for people who were planning to attend a concert (that I know of). But it's more a matter of being disappointed, which comes even if you know that Coldplay are not kidding us around or that they don't own us anything. That's just weird to announce a tour at a short notice and postpone it right afterwards, that's all. There must be something amiss and we'd like to know, if possible, what's going on. I personally don't feel as if someone is ripping me off of my rights. I just want to know what's going on and trust that it's not anything bad. That's just my opinion as well :)

Exactly! Most fans I know feel disappointed because this was something they had waited and dreamed of for a long time, it was finally there, everybody was happy and making lots of plans and then it was snatched away three days later, which is something very weird for Coldplay to do. They have cancelled and postponed concerts before, always with a good explanation but not an entire leg with little details as to why. Believe me, I know they don't own us an explanation (who am I to ask that of them, really? ) but people can't be blamed for feeling confused about what happened and needing to understand it either. That said, again, I don't think bombarding them with messages demanding one is a wise move.

Well, peronally, I'm glad this did not happen further in the process when everybody would had already bought their tickets, had already asked for days off from work and had already bought their train/bus or plane tickets. Then, I would have felt ripped off.

If there's a business reason the shows had to be postponed (which is by far the most likely explanation), the band probably aren't at liberty to give details even if they wanted to.

I don't know how true what the journalist said is. He later said Coldplay "owed" a decent explanation to the producers (the local ones) So I don't know if he knows what he's talking about.

Exactly! Most fans I know feel disappointed because this was something they had waited and dreamed of for a long time, it was finally there, everybody was happy and making lots of plans and then it was snatched away three days later, which is something very weird for Coldplay to do. They have cancelled and postponed concerts before, always with a good explanation but not an entire leg with little details as to why. Believe me, I know they don't own us an explanation (who am I to ask that of them, really? ) but people can't be blamed for feeling confused about what happened and needing to understand it either. That said, again, I don't think bombarding them with messages demanding one is a wise move.

Well, peronally, I'm glad this did not happen further in the process when everybody would had already bought their tickets, had already asked for days off from work and had already bought their train/bus or plane tickets. Then, I would have felt ripped off.

I'm guessing that's part of the reason the announcement was so abrupt. I'm sure the band's people know that the further into the process you get, the more tied into attending a certain date people become.