✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

FOR EUROPEANS!

Sternly

Well, not necesarily, but anyway!

I HAVE A VERY, VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION!

I know Germany is passsing through a Economyc Crisis right now, therefore the currency loses it's value [inflation- I suppose that's the term in english!-] but what happens If all the European Countries (well, you know I'm talking about the member of the European Union, that have the Euro] have the Euro; the Euro looses it's value all over Europe or just Germany?

EXAMPLE: When Germany was not using the common currency, Euro, and they used the Francs, 1 Franc could be equivalent to 1000 Pesetas. Suppose the German Ecopnomy was not very good, instead of being 1000 P. it would be 1050, 1060 and so.... but what happens now, when both countries are using the Euro? I doubt the 'Spanish Euro' has more value than the 'German Euro' [they are all the same! it's just the 'cover' the thing that change!]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marcos :smug: ....no te puedo ayudar carla...pues estoy en holidays asi que no te puedo ayudar con algo tan :confused: ...haha...tienes razon...alemania esta en crisis....pero eso no le afecta mucho al euro....algunas cosas suben de precio ..otras no...pero eso es igual cada ano....lo que si afecta son impuestos...salarios..trabajo......pues el euro esta ahora mismo muy fuerte contra el dollar...estoy seguro que cuando se tuvo la idea del euro...se tuvo en mente que paises individuales en la comunidad podrian tener problemas economicos......la economia alemana no esta afectando demasiado a todo el continente...pero si eso seria el caso...que francia...espana..italia etc....tuvieran problemas por alemania...si creo que el euro podria perder en valor........no es mucha ayuda a tu pregunta...pues como te dije estoy en vaccaciones :cool:

The euro was set at a certain ratio of mark:euro franc:euro lira:euro etc for all member countries using it. This doesn't change. The euro fluctuates in value against competitor currencies sterling/dollar being the most important. nFrance and Germany are the 'power' currencies of the euro (which is why they;re so f**** jealous of sterling, cos it's better, and why uk has not gone into the eurozone, cos the euro hasn't fullfilled all the required criteria for stability)...

so, if germany or france suffer economically then the euro suffers and vice-versa.

here endeth the lesson... :)

......... (which is why they;re so f**** jealous of sterling, cos it's better, and why uk has not gone into the eurozone, cos the euro hasn't fullfilled all the required criteria for stability)...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :lol: ..jealous of sterling :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :cool:

so, if germany or france suffer economically then the euro suffers and vice-versa.

dunno much abt economis...but germany is sufferin economically....but why is the euro so strong in last months.....esp against the dollar.... :huh: :huh: :confused:

One Sterling Pound it's like 2 Dollars or somethign like that! Dollar is so cheap right now! [and the Pounds too expensive!]

My question really was like, If one country, a big one, is suffering from economyc depression, does the inflation affects all Euro Countries? If it is so, I don't see the benefit from the Euro!

the Euro has got some benefits over individual currencies... strength in numbers being one. But it also depends on further integration... political/economic....etc

and that people is a different kettle of fish!!

I still HATE economics, but not as much as politics (f**** egocentric charlatans!!)

:)

:lol: It doesn't seem exactly like you hate, but anyway, Thanks You, very much!

I have another question! Why Britain has sits in the European Parlament and so, when it is a member but it's like not there? [it is a member, but not a full-time member, and it's like, it does what it convenient for the country only] It's like really unfair!

And why is the EU accepting all those little countries, 'good for nothing' [sorry for that expresion, but they are really not very important economicaly; well Poland it's big, bad it's bad, so I don't see what's the positive point there]

Really? I thought it was a sort of 'Myth' that the prices went up. Though shouldn't it be the same? Instead os Pesetas you are using Euros, but you don't have to pay for the exchange and it's useful all over Europe and so.... are you sure, well at least in Spain, that things are expensier?

...........And why is the EU accepting all those little countries, 'good for nothing' [sorry for that expresion, but they are really not very important economicaly; well Poland it's big, bad it's bad, so I don't see what's the positive point there]............

kasia will need to explain you!!!...and dont forget Ronald McDonald`s brilliant statement abt the "old Europe" (referrin to France`s & Germany`s "NO" vs Iraq war) ......meanin those eastern countries...are Europe`s future.... :rolleyes: :cool:

I'm not talking about the exchange... I talk about the prizes, here in Spain.

Everything, specially the food, is more expensive that before the euro. I don't know if it's because of the euro, or our economy, or the inflaction, or this damn and stupid goverment... :angry:

Well, probably Kasia will tell me that Poland sucks! and no matter what you tell me, those countries do have a future, but I don't see the point of taking such a high risk for something that will benefit them for just a little [unless you know something that I don't]