✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How to know about a band's secret gig?!

Til_Kingdom_Come

I guess it depends on what exactly you mean by a Secret Gig. Secret as in, most people don't know about the gig itself, or secret as in the band announces they will have a gig but the secret is where it will be?

For example, Coldplay had "Secret Gigs" that were announced to the public a month or two in advance. They disclosed the city, but the venue itself was a secret; the venue was announced the day of the event.

That's not really secret, that's just a small gig... and maybe the bands you are talking about just don't do those sorts of gigs?

That's a secret gig, as long as it isn't publicized. I'm pretty sure a lot of bigger bands to it too. I once had a recording of one Coldplay did at the start of the VLV tour. But it seems to me it's most often about knowing people and being involved in the music scene.

When I think of club, I think of 200 people, not 1,000. Anyway, most "secret" gigs don't involve buying tickets. Some of them you have to win your way into with a contest, some involve a band tweeting about a show that happens in 2 hours in a certain location and it's first come get in, and a lot of them are just private events. So keep your eyes peeled to social media, follow bands' tweets and FB posts about last-minute surprises, etc.