✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Life of Pi

Guest LiquidSky

This movie is amazing. Everything.

“Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. That pain is like an axe that chops at my heart.”

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest LiquidSky
I saw it this winter and loved it :wacky:

It's a beautiful movie (literally, i mean the nature, the landscapes are wonderful) and a beautiful story.

I had no idea what the movie was as I had only seen a bit of a preview at the Oscars so I really liked it.

This movie is amazing. Everything.

“Dare I say I miss him? I do. I miss him. I still see him in my dreams. They are nightmares mostly, but nightmares tinged with love. I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. That pain is like an axe that chops at my heart.”

:cry: :cry: :cry:

That was the part that almost made me cry.. and also the part with the monkey:(

I thought it was crap. The only good bit was the end and it wasn't good enough to warrant sitting through all the rest of it.

I imagine the book will be better as it can concentrate on things aside from the visuals.

I thought it was good. It had some parts that were funny, others that were scary, sad. I thought it had a good plot and the guidelines wasn't slow or boring for me. Did you just not liked the story or how the movie was being carried out or what exactly did you not like about it and is there really a book coming out? :huh::shocked2:

Guest LiquidSky
I think it's actually adapted from a book ?

I just googled it and it is. I should get a copy of it:wink:

I thought it was good. It had some parts that were funny, others that were scary, sad. I thought it had a good plot and the guidelines wasn't slow or boring for me. Did you just not liked the story or how the movie was being carried out or what exactly did you not like about it and is there really a book coming out? :huh::shocked2:

My review has spoilers so don't click this if you haven't seen it.

I don't really think the story was all that. A decent premise of a guy giving his tale but the story just wasn't interesting. The guy in the film bigged it up too much and I was waiting for his promise that I'd 'believe in God' when he'd finished. Then it was just concentrating on the visuals whilst the plot didn't really go anywhere and a load of stuff that wouldn't happen, happened. If he was telling me that story I'd have smiled politely but thought the guy was a bit of a dick for expecting me to believe it. Then I'd have been interested when I realised it wasn't the real story and it was just one he made up to cope.

Basically was bigged up too much. First by press. Second by the film itself at the start. Then it concentrated too much on visuals.

Guest LiquidSky

I don't really think the story was all that. A decent premise of a guy giving his tale but the story just wasn't interesting. The guy in the film bigged it up too much and I was waiting for his promise that I'd 'believe in God' when he'd finished. Then it was just concentrating on the visuals whilst the plot didn't really go anywhere and a load of stuff that wouldn't happen, happened. If he was telling me that story I'd have smiled politely but thought the guy was a bit of a dick for expecting me to believe it. Then I'd have been interested when I realised it wasn't the real story and it was just one he made up to cope.

Basically was bigged up too much. First by press. Second by the film itself at the start. Then it concentrated too much on visuals.

I didn't really watch any trailers or knew what the movie was about it until I watched it. It does concentrate on the visuals, but that did not really bother me. Good review though

I can understand why people would like it though, and I'm not being pretentious in saying it was beneath me (because believe me, if I thought that I would say it, and I do feel that way for some things as shameful as it is). It just didn't appeal to me I guess.

Book might do.

• 1 month later...

Agreed. I didn't think it should've been nearly as hyped as it was. I was disappointed. Visuals are nice, but they're not everything.