✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2014 Tour? Chances of...

enriquesinghjr

Before tour dates are announced (and tickets go on sale) there must be an album released... and before an album is released there's a single released at least 1-2 months before that...

At which stage are they currently (as of Nov 2013) on their next album?

From I have been able to read they are already recording some music... right?

So what does that mean in regards of tour dates and tickets going on sale throughout 2014 (not the actual tour, but the chance to purchase tickets for it)?

I would say through the first 8 months of 2014... 0%.

From September-December probably a 30%.

First half of 2015... 99%.

The concerts for that tour taking place on mid 2015... 99%

What do you think? Does this seem right?

Before tour dates are announced (and tickets go on sale) there must be an album released... and before an album is released there's a single released at least 1-2 months before that...

So what does that mean in regards of tour dates and tickets going on sale throughout 2014 (not the actual tour, but the chance to purchase tickets for it)?

I'd guess you're correct on 2015, but I'd give next year more of a shot, depending on what their release plans are.

FWIW, there's never been a period in the history of the band, where they've had more than one year in a row where they didn't play any gigs.

• 3 weeks later...

For the MX tour in 2012, tickets originally went on sale in mid December 2011 for the North American segment that started in late April and ran through August. That's about 4-8 months in advance of the shows. If they play multiple shows in each major city like they did last time, the promoter (Live Nation) will likely want to reserve those dates far in advance to avoid conflicts, so a 4-8 month period to sell tickets seems reasonable this time around.

This is all just speculation, but I would expect the band wants Europe stadium shows to happen in the heart of summer, so those will likely be in summer 2015. As far as Europe and North America arena shows, those can happen at any time and are harder to pin down.

There are just so many different scenarios based on when the album is released, so it's kinda difficult to speculate.. all we can do is wait for news and try to compare the timelines to previous albums and tours.

hello, and welcome to Coldplaying :)

For the MX tour in 2012, tickets originally went on sale in mid December 2011 for the North American segment that started in late April and ran through August. That's about 4-8 months in advance of the shows. If they play multiple shows in each major city like they did last time, the promoter (Live Nation) will likely want to reserve those dates far in advance to avoid conflicts, so a 4-8 month period to sell tickets seems reasonable this time around.

This is all just speculation, but I would expect the band wants Europe stadium shows to happen in the heart of summer, so those will likely be in summer 2015. As far as Europe and North America arena shows, those can happen at any time and are harder to pin down.

There are just so many different scenarios based on when the album is released, so it's kinda difficult to speculate.. all we can do is wait for news and try to compare the timelines to previous albums and tours.

hello, and welcome to Coldplaying :)

I think you both might be right, i just hope they make it to Sweden by 2015 (hopefully 2014) :p