✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Cemeteries of London @ Main Square Festival 2011 Chris Martin guitar tab

furyasd

Glad you posted this. That looks fun to play and it sounds awesome. It just sounds like a crazy tuning doesn't it, and it looks like he's got a capo on the 6th. I remember, I think, seeing that someone in this forum had posted a copy of a programme for the viva tour in which they printed off tunings for the different guitars/songs. Ring a bell? Vaguely remember seeing cemeteries of london having a very odd tuning

what i have so far. i saw a video or two from other performances and he always seems to use the capo on the sixth. it's essentially an e minor, a c chord with a 3rd fret sixth string g note played with the c chord (Cmaj/G) and an A minor which he plays high on the neck so (in order from lowest string to highest) (11-13-13-11-0-0 or 11-13-13-11-11-0) play around with the order and if we work out whether he uses a different tuning then we can hone in on it better

This is an honest question: how on earth would you tune a guitar to have the low e tuned to a. It either means going so low that the string has little or no tension and a bunch of fret buzzing, or tuning up high enough to ruin the neck of the guitar or having the string snap. One of the benefits of owning many guitars is that ideally, each one would be set up to a particular tuning. Otherwise, especially with coldplay songs like god put a smile upon your face, it's pretty tough to keep the guitar in tune and even if all strings are tuned perfectly when played open, they likely won't up and down the fret board. A-A-D-G-B-E is a new one for me! never in a million years would think to try it

This is an honest question: how on earth would you tune a guitar to have the low e tuned to a. It either means going so low that the string has little or no tension and a bunch of fret buzzing, or tuning up high enough to ruin the neck of the guitar or having the string snap. One of the benefits of owning many guitars is that ideally, each one would be set up to a particular tuning. Otherwise, especially with coldplay songs like god put a smile upon your face, it's pretty tough to keep the guitar in tune and even if all strings are tuned perfectly when played open, they likely won't up and down the fret board. A-A-D-G-B-E is a new one for me! never in a million years would think to try it

Thanks.

Also, Tuning: AADGBe and Capo 6th fret, WTF? Going to be hard to tune the guitar this way.

i think you're right tuning it up to an A would be the better option. Just haven't tried it. It is worth noting for those of us who don't have any business adjusting a bridge or truss rod (i'm sure i'd ruin my beloved martin in a matter of minutes) that changing a guitar's tuning from higher to lower or lower to higher tensions on a regular basis will effect the intonation and also the tone of the strings. That said, even standard tuning will cause some bowing in the neck over time. I've been playing for a while, but i'm just learning this stuff. Just read that a higher action actually makes for a louder acoustic guitar.

Last note. I did manage to see the programme or some document that had the tunings for the various songs and guitars used on the viva tour. and Cemeteries of London was indeed A-A-D-G-B-E. Also came across a cool transcription of Violet Hill that i'll have to share.

here's a link to a photo of the set list and tuning for the viva tour. Cemeteries of London is "A-A-D-G-B-E".http://i1363.photobucket.com/albums/r705/cedmo013/ScreenShot2014-01-01at13746AM_zps5fc68c24.png

Then there is a little 6 circled which probably refers to the capo