✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Ink chords?

Blakexy1125

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Well actually according to the tab book the tuning for Ink is just the strings tuned down a semitone from standard tuning

If you have the same tab book I do then it is truly shocking. I'm tempted to write to the publishers to complain. It's literally one of the most inaccurate tab books I've ever seen. Look at how they've tabbed True love... apparently it's tuned down a semitone too. It clearly isn't. If you watch how Jonny plays it it makes total sense and theres no way he would have played it differently on the record. Regarding Ink, you can clearly hear it's in an open tuning as you can hear the pedal tones when chris is playing. I tried it the tab book way at first and it makes no sense whatsoever!

Yes I think I have the same book as you. And yes, I don't think True Love is actually a -semitone tuning. Because I was lazy one day and transposed and it as just as easy. Like you said the way he plays it (Jonny) is sensible. And Ink I know is wrong I was just going off the book but in every performance Chris plays with a capo and he probably wouldn't recorded it different because that is done.

• 4 weeks later...