✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplaying members' birthday notifications

Safy

We once had at the bottom of the forum main page Today's birthdays feed which showed whose birthday is today. We lost that a while ago.

Can we bring this back please? It was nice to know who is having his/her birthday so that we can send them greetings :)

Doesn't seem to be a way to bring that back at this moment (list of Bdays in who's online), it was standard in older versions of VB. I have installed a Birthday Bot to post new happy birthday threads for active members but testing it at the moment. I'll keep a look out for one if it does arise.

Doesn't seem to be a way to bring that back at this moment (list of Bdays in who's online), it was standard in older versions of VB. I have installed a Birthday Bot to post new happy birthday threads for active members but testing it at the moment. I'll keep a look out for one if it does arise.

You know something Sparky, your birthday will be on the same day as Indonesian Independence Day :D :P, but our country was born in 1945 :P

• 1 month later...

The birthday messages are still sent out to emails. Setting the display to all would show 20+ members a day on the list (like Billybob543 who last logged in 10 years ago :P) but the main reason is the appearance.

At the moment, the usernames are all in white on the Birthday list and they can't be matched with the usergroup legend so it's quite ugly! Looks fine with just one or a few names.

Wouldn't we have over 20 threads a day then? This forum is huuuuuuuge

I never meant it for birthday threads. My ideas was if you saw that today was the birthday of a member you know either they are active members or have been missing for a while, you would send them a private message wishing them a happy birthday. The notification gets to their email & they may be prompted to log in..

The birthday messages are still sent out to emails. Setting the display to all would show 20+ members a day on the list (like Billybob543 who last logged in 10 years ago :P) but the main reason is the appearance.

At the moment, the usernames are all in white on the Birthday list and they can't be matched with the usergroup legend so it's quite ugly! Looks fine with just one or a few names.

I don't understand any of the technical stuff :inquisitive: but you understand best I guess