January 12, 201511 yr Author It's ok but that link about the white shadows organ was cool. Though I don't know what sound I should use on the CS80. Did you like the Oceans sound thing?
January 12, 201511 yr Author Here: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/103526-Ghosts-Stories-Sounds?highlight=Oceans
January 15, 201511 yr Author Confirmed: X & Y Recorded Guitar Version is amazingly accurate!!! Except the synth intro in White Shadows
January 15, 201511 yr Some reviews say that it's missing "parts" from "Swallowed in the Sea" , I think they mean the electric guitar, it this true? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 15, 201511 yr Author No Im pretty sure that is incorrect. They might have missed the part where it says ad lib for guitar 2 on the top.
January 15, 201511 yr Author But all the chords shown are actually played a semintone down and I don't know why that isn't eriiten because it is for the tunings
January 17, 201511 yr Author Ok this is my re-review. The X & Y book is preety good but for some reason it has done stuff the TAB version doesn't and vice versa. The guitar intro in twisted logix is missing. Also some part in Square one is transcribed differently than in the TAB version. This is to weird.
January 17, 201511 yr What about Guitar Tunings, do they match? I ordered the TAB version, it will be here on Tuesday, I was between the RGV or the TAB but the TAB was half-price so.... :P Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 17, 201511 yr Author Yes the tunings match except for swallowed in the sea but it will sound the same based on the transcription. Tell me how it is. I've done more in depth playing and matching it with the recordings and it is not trusty half of the time. The songs that are bad for me, white shadows, square one, swallowed in the sea, twisted logic.
January 20, 201511 yr Ok, the book is here, X&Y [TAB] version from wise publications / BMG Group. I was listening to every song on the album while following the notes, it sounds very accurate to me. Here are the guitar tunings in case somebody is interested: square one: E A D G C D# What if: standard White shadows: E A D G B D# Fix You: Down 1 semitone Talk: Standard X&Y: standard Speed of sound: standard A message: F Bb Eb Ab Ab Db (looks insane enough to be accurate) Low: standard Hardest part: capo 3, standard Swallowed in the sea: Down 1 semitone Twisted logic: down 1 semitone 'Til Kingdom Come: C A C G B C. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 20, 201511 yr Ok, I just finished listening to the whole album with the book in hand. I only have 2 complaints: 1.- swallowed in the sea is also half step down, and it is missing the electric guitar for the chorus, kind of weird. 2.- twisted logic is missing some notes played in the first verse, but nothing too serious, they are in the background. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 20, 201511 yr Author Thanks maybe I'll just stick with mine Can you tell me the effects used on each song
January 20, 201511 yr Sure, oh btw, I found on scribd a version of the Book (X&Y) and it has swallowed in the sea tunes to E A D G B D#, and both electric and acoustic guitars. It's very weird how there are three different versions, also that book handles the number of guitars and each individual tuning differently, for example, square one has all guitars tuned the same on mine, but on the scribd version there are 3 but two are standard tuning. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 20, 201511 yr Ok, now speaking of effects: Square one: 125 bpm, reverb, echo, delays (probably dotted eight), distortion. What if: 70 bpm, distortion, White shadows: 128 bpm, distortion, echo, Fix you: 69 bpm, distortion, echo Talk: 120 bpm, delay, distortion, X&Y: 77 bpm, slider, distortion, echo Speed of sound: 124 bpm, chorus, distortion, echo. A message: 117 bpm, distortion, echo. Low: 132 bpm, distortion, echo Hardest part: 124 bpm, distortion, echo, and I believe some tremolo. Swallowed in the sea: 72 bpm, distortion, delay. Twisted logic: 54 bpm, distortion, slide. Til kingdom come: 115 bpm Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 20, 201511 yr I thought that was the book i was getting, I bought it because the scan quality is very poor, but this one is slightly different than that one. For example, if you go to "Talk" it has a guitar tuned half step down, which plays in the verse. My book has all guitars tuned to standard and those chords played just don't exist. It's good to have both versions though, and the one that I bought was a steal, 3€. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Create an account or sign in to comment