✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything about Coldplay

EasySuperstition99

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. How did you know their click track is a tambourine? that's kind of nuts you know that. but yeah, just look and you can see they have their in-ear monitors that each have a mix of what's going on optimized for each band member. Chris obviously needs to hear his voice, the rhythm, and the tonal content to pitch his voice against. I'm sure they all have their preferences. What they're hearing during a show compared to what the audience hears is far far different.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, a couple of questions here:

1.- what is the tuning of "Ink"?, is it the same as Oceans? (A lot of people say it is the same)

2.- what about the guitars for the Viva La Vida era, I saw a preview of the Recorded Guitar Versions, 42 apparently has a guitar tuned like this: F F F F F F. Is that accurate?, also, what is the tuning for cemeteries of london?

Thanks a lot!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

I have the TAB Version of GS and it is useless. Do you know If the Recorded Guitar Versions is accurate? The Mylo Xyloto book is so perfect that I might give the GS a shot, but, you know, just to be sure. ;)

2) I think that a guitar tuned to F is completely insane, so the book might be just accurate.

3) don't worry :)

I don't have it. Mann. That's so dumb of me to throw out. I know I uploaded it on this sight once to settle a friendly disagreement about a tuning. I remember seeing cemeteries of london and being surprised. Honestly I think it was standard...or...something with a few consecutive same notes, like E-A-D-G-C-C or something with a capo somewhere. I'll let you know if I find it cause it's definitely an official setlist. Think it might have been a picture of a page in the program passed out to the crowd or something like that

Damn it Charlie!!! Whyyyy!!!?? I'm honestly thinking of pulling the trigger with the Viva Songbook. However I feel lately more interested on the guitars from Ghost Stories, but the two versions of the book we've been discussing have made me lost almost all hope. :S

Keep us posted on that GS book! It is my last hope.

The viva la Vida book is not bad, there are three versions but I think that only the from Hal Leonard is accurate, that is the one that had 42 with the guitar tuned to F, it also suggests you to use the thumb when playing the open chords in Life in technicolor (like Chris).

yea it does sound the same! I couldn't hear it good he first time. I think he is using none of what you said. (Except a Jupiter) I'm sure that he used a CS80V, because Guy owned one and it was seen in the X&Y booklet and it can make that sound. He might of used the Jupiter too though maybe he is sampling the instrument. P.S his EQ on the instrument is off in the song it is a little warmer.