✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Everything about Coldplay

EasySuperstition99

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A D chord with an e note....sounds like a Dadd9 to me man. haha. i'm joking. yeah that tuning works i was playing around with it today. there are about 34 different ways to play The D and E chords with the A passing chord between with this tuning. I've also just used a standard tuning and let the b and e string ring open and use barre chord formations at the 10th and 12 frets on the sixth string. Magic as a song is very flexible for ways to play it, it turns out. The sound of the B tuned down to A and left to ring open sounds good and there are also options for fretting the second string to make the passing chord sound as it should. It's not a simple Amaj, it's more of Asus2 or an Esus4 depending on what you wanna call it.

What kind of delay was Jonny using in the Ghost Stories era? I believe it's a Boss but I'm not too sure which model it is.

Jonny still uses his Line 6 Delay, actually. But I also think he still uses his Boss DD4.

Actually, the majority of Jonny's delays come from either his TC 2290 or Line6 Echo Pro in his rack, just as most of his reverbs come from the Eventide unit in the rack. His board has a loop controller (the stepped thing with switches) that switches in loops that contain the pedals (1 pedal per loop). Each piece of rack gear is in it's own loop too.

I spoke to Mike Hill who build Jonny's board a few years back when I was building my own board (I play guitar in a CP tribute). Here's a pic of my board.

pedals.jpg

This is strange but I have a question for Deano. Does Mike Hill make the same MIDI pedalboards for everyone artist?

Mike builds boards for a number of top artists. They are all different as each artist's requirements are different. It looks like he uses some of the same things on a number of boards. but they're certainly not all the same as Jonnys.

I don't think it's a midi switcher either. I'm pretty sure that it's just a loop switcher. Literally 1 button switches on one pedal.

It's almost certainly the Rat, he used that and an MXR Micro Amp for most things in the early days. The Fulltone OCD was on his board for the Viva Era but MX onwards he has used a RAT, Ibanez TS9 and 2 HBE Powerscreamers.

• 2 weeks later...