✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Twitter Thread

Sparky

A new thread to post random, embarrassing and just plain bizzare tweets (not to be confused with the 'what made you LOL' today thread). Most will probably be latest news related so the thread will be here instead of the lounge :P

[coldplay's voice]"when you try your best, but you don't succeed"#STOPyouarenot1D

^ A tweet on I saw within on article on the One Direction tribute band getting abuse from One Direction fans and this embarrassing intro to the tweet

facedesk.jpg

:laugh3:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's only halfway in. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/Thomasemaan">@Thomasemaan</a>: Just realized how short James Blunt is !!!</p>— James Blunt (@JamesBlunt) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesBlunt/status/545926937336872960">December 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• 5 weeks later...

[h=1]Twitter introduces another new feature for new users[/h]New Twitter users will no longer need to follow people in order to get tweets on their timeline. Wait, what?

As The New York Times wrote on its blog on Monday, Twitter is rolling out a feature called “Instant Timeline”, available only to new users.

Usually, when a person creates an account on Twitter for the first time, there’s that period of exploring where the network suggests a few popular accounts to follow and gives him or her a list of all his friends that are on Twitter, based on his email list and so on.

Well, apparently people don’t like to explore, and just want to get right into the action, so Instant Timeline was born.

As soon as a person creates a new account, Twitter scans his or her contact list (permission must first be given, obviously), analyses who those people follow, and then populates the timeline with Tweets it believes are relevant.

Fan of Coldplay? Expect their tweets right off the bat. Like Manchester United? Ta-da! Tweets! No more exploration.

As The New York Times writes, the feature appeared to a small percentage of new users signing up on Android phones last week. If the initial testing goes well, the company plans to expand it, with the goal of making an instant timeline the standard experience for all new users within a few months.

^ I agree. That would just be annoying, but i guess twitter is doing that so that people wouldn't get frustrated with it in the beginning. (just like myself lol)

James Blunt ✔ @JamesBlunt

Mine is anal. RT @OliviaMae_98: James Blunt is my guilty pleasure

11:44 PM - 8 Aug 2014

im so in love with his twitter account best thing ive discovered in 2015 so far

:lol: his tweets are just crazy! i follow him just for the jokes :laugh:

• Like 1