Juliana

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look!

Chris talks about "Clocks"...

CLOCKS

Chris: We were just about to hand the record in but it was sounding rubbish, but we thought oh, we have to do it because we wanted to release it then and some of our record company guys came in and basically everyone decided we'd got to put it back, take a bit of pressure off and Phil, our figurehead or fifth member, he said, ‘Listen you should record that song ‘Clocks', because I was just ‘Oh, no, we're going to save this one', which is a real mistake to do I reckon because you know I might be shot tomorrow and so quite rightly he said, ‘Put that song on because it's good' and that was the newest to go on, ‘Clocks'. It goes ‘Ding,dong, ning, nong'. That just arrived. I don't know where that came from but I do know where the good bit came from because I was showing it to Johnny. This is the amazing thing about our band. You play something, you think, that's all right, I like that like this. I'll keep it going, and then to Johnny he'll sort of lollop in in his elephantine, not elephantine, what's the word? gazelle-like way. He does, quite slowly but with incredible grace come in like that. You say, ‘Come on. Listen to this song and you get him in there and if he picks up a guitar then he likes it and it's good, that's a good sign if you're playing something and he picks up a guitar. And then he put on these brilliant chords and then the chorus came out and it all sparked off and then Guy came in and put on his bass line and that sparked off another bit like a big chemical reaction our song- writing process and it's really exciting and that was the last one to happen and that was mega, that was really good fun, you know, because there was no pressure on that song. We thought you don't have to do it but we finished it and we thought no, that's got to go on.

:D

• 3 weeks later...

Ooh! I'll read it later... :)

iloveitiloveitiloveiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveittloveitloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitloveit

iloveitiloveitiloveiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveittloveitloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitloveit

iloveitiloveitiloveiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveittloveitloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveitiloveit I LOVE IT!! Clocks is one of the best things I've ever heard!! It's MAGICAL!! I always can listen to it and while I hear this piano, this beat and especially, the man with the most beautiful voice in the universe, CHRIS MARTIN, I'm in a better world!! It always makes me feel better! I'm loving Clocks since almost one year now, but it's still my favourite song (...okay, my favourite Coldplay song, and I love Robbie Williams' "Feel" as much)! And without Clocks perhaps I'd never become Coldplay fan! Clocks must win the Grammy for "Best song ever"!! :)

I'll never understand why it was just No. 50 in our f***ing German Single Charts :angry:

CLOCKS ROCKS!!! CLOCKS ROCKS!!! CLOCKS ROCKS!!!