✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Make Your Own Custom Coldplay Album!

arushofjacktothehead

I don't really have a lot of ideas, but I'd like to see an album that has an MX/GS feel but AROBTTH/X&Y style :D

And all my titles are really cringe-y so I'd rather not post them :lol:

And I want b-sides. A lot of them. I mean a lot

Enough b-sides to piss everyone off because they haven't played 3/4 of it! :P (just kidding)

EDIT (1?): Genre for me would be maybe alt. rock or art-rock, something similar to X&Y.

EDIT (2?): Also, I'd like material that you could easily blend other songs into, like how they blended (supposedly) Birds into Us Against the World. Or maybe just not plain slowing down/speeding up the song, but something that could "cross-fade" in a performance.

Some of those are: as soon as Politik finishes off with that spacey feel in it, you could immediately say the last Square One verse and it would still work.

OR the ETIAW outro as it's going, you could smack the ASFOS intro into it. Those types of songs.

And guitar solos. Guitar solos 4 life.

Also some Noel Gallagher.

And one cover of a song (maybe, still doubting).

12 songs, 46 mins

10(?), 20(?) B-sides

EDIT (3?): Ok, I got a title. Something like their last, maybe Destination or something, like their final album :evilgrin:

For the artwork, I'd like something spacey; a mix of X&Y and GS, and my (current) avatar maybe :P

EDIT (4?): And please no magic synth thingy intro for most X&Y songs. That was bothering me a lot.

For lyrics, I'd like deep, meaningful lyrics, and not rushed, stale lyrics.

EDIT (5?): There's also the theme! Like VLVODAAHF was those costumes! For this one, I'd like to see, again, a spacey theme. Like a bit more spacey than X&Y. Astronauts? Sure? :lol: like not really astronaut costumes (that would be a real pain) but something that could represent it.

EDIT (6?): I change the overall feel of the songs, I'd like something that could blend a lot of X&Y gems and maybe a bit of acoustic GS songs. I'd like the songs to be not repetitive and a bit like X&Y, but not too long.

and a tracklist (prepare for cringe)

I just felt like these would go well for Coldplay, yes, no, maybe so? :lol: :smartass2:

(Maybe for this spacey album)

01. Conspiracies and Theories

02. All I Knew

03. The Visions in My Head

04. Unending Silence

05. Heroine

06. A Visit

07. Space

08. Destination

09. Lost Words

10. Endless Memorial

11. Critical Mindset

12. Revisited (taken from The Fold, check 'em out)

EDIT (7?): 13. Transmissions (Hidden Track)

Ok then, after the success of 'A Head Full Of Dreams', Coldplay takes a slightly more ambient and slightly more rock path for their next LP, LP9. The title of the album is 'Channels' and it 'channels' between different sounds. The album's instrumentation and atmosphere really shines through/takes effect on tracks like the title track and the heavy-riffed rocker, Major-Minus like track 'Hemisphere'. The 'Kid-A' styled electronics on 'Unravelled Minds' and 'Graphic' are also unexpected sounds, work very well. The ballads on the album 'Rock and Stone Planets' and the dark 'Cracked Spine' plus the enormous closer 'Journey' are also big highlights on the album. The album also pulls the most unusual songs out of the bag, one of them being the short acoustic/flute song 'Oil Drips In Space' and the dancey rocker 'Odd Stories, Hopes and Glories'. There are also three instrumentals on the album: one interlude and two full length. One song does not appear on the album as a main track but instead as a hidden track called 'A Is For A Home', weird title for the band to have gone with but its actually different to what you would think sound-wise. It's a charity song as well, considering Chris Martin and the boys always do their bit. The full tracklisting, including the one EVERYONES hyped up about: the Thom Yorke/Noel Gallagher collab Introspekt (idea by @KidA;)) is below:

1. The Shadow Of The Distance (interlude)

2. Channels

3. Graphic

4. Hemisphere

5. Introspekt (feat. Thom Yorke & Noel Gallagher)

6. /Odd Stories, Hopes and Glories/

7. Unravelled Minds

8. Rock + Stone Planets

9. Oil Drips In Space

10. Rim/Outer Rim (two instrumentals)

11. Cracked Spine

12. Journey

13. A Is For A Home

The singles are Hemisphere, /Odd Stories, Hopes and Glories/, Channels and Introspekt.

B-Sides are brought back, the following are recorded for the singles:

Hemisphere single-Sun Dial, A Swarm Of Rage

/OS,H&G/ single-Faster Lifecycle, Mushroom

Channels single- High Quality Shoegaze, Lands And How To Find Them Pts 1&2

Introspekt single (EP)- Unexpekt, Xenos, Black Storm

The style of the era will be the band in darker versions of the Mylo Outfits with the logos and art of the album instead of MX (obviously) and also lots of 'technical difficulties' backgrounds will be somehow involved in the first single teaser.

EDIT- The tour will last two years.

EDIT- Parlophone will be the record company of this album, everywhere.

EDIT- Chris' curly hair returns later in the tour.

EDIT- Jonny's hat will be a black beanie or a black cap.

EDIT- This is the album cover:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Okay. I'm using this forum, and this post to reveal an album I have been working on. It is inspired by Coldplay, thus I felt it appropriate to share it here. In Coldplay terms, this album is meant as a combination of many of Coldplay's album styles (X&Y, Ghost Stories, Viva and A Head full of Dreams predominantly). The album is three parts and directly correlate to three events in my life, and probably most others.

The album is a "love, breakup, recovery and love again" album called Your Love Means Everything (Yes, I am aware that Coldplay has worked on a song of the same name, that song is inspiration for this album and is what it is about).

Lyrically, it is supposed to signify the deep feelings of the euphoria one gets in his/her first relationship, and the subsequent devastation after it ends. But, on a good note, love is found that is more down-to-earth, more natural, more obtainable and real. Essentially, it is a love album, but it isn't just about one person. It's about the past, respecting it and how the past has gotten you to the love you have now.

Here is the tracklist (with Coldplay songs as guides for how the song will generally sound. Again, more the approach I'm taking with them and not exactly how they will sound. I'm not looking to copy Coldplay (with one bold exception, as you'll see below)

1. Life (A spoken word poem similar to Kaleidoscope, but it is a poem I have written. Piano music I have written would accompany the speech)

2. Luna (This song is similar to Talk, with an airy synth and spacey guitar)

3. Walks (This one is stylistically similar to Square One, some synth, guitars and background keyboard)

4. Famous Old Painters (Yes, I have styled Coldplay's technically unreleased instrumental with lyrics)

5. The River (This one would be styled after Coldplay's song AROBTTH, especially the quieter parts of the song, this song features a male/female duet)

6. Going Mad (Very synthesized song with a piano interlude that Coldplay fans could relate to Midnight/YLME)

7. Galaxy (Don't Let Go) (This song is stylized after O(Fly On); it is a piano ballad, with some Viva-era guitars toward the end of Galaxy, Don't Let Go is a simplistic piano ballad, it doesn't feature synthesized voice like on O)

8. Don't Let Go (Part 2) (Don't Let Go piano melody, but with different lyrics)

9. See You Later (Not to be confused with See You Soon, this song is more stylistically similar to Everglow than See You Soon) (You can tell by now that I love the piano)

10. The River Flows On (Lyrically meant to be a "sequel" to The River, musically it is stylistically similar to I Wish I Was Here and crescendos at the end on a more positive note)

11. Summer Rains (Meant to be similar to Don't Panic, stylistically and in meaning)

12. Yet So Close (This song is meant to be stylistically similar to Up With The Birds, with the style of the first half of UWTB and the style of the second half switching, until finally the end of the song is like an enhanced even more euphoric second half of UWTB).

13. Falling Asleep On The Chair (I'm seeing this song as stylistically similar to the last minute and a half of How You See The World)

14. Heartbeat (More synth heavy than the previous songs (featuring a sort of heartbeat synth track, Birds-esque track, with less muted vocals than Birds) (Maybe like Lovers In Japan?)

15. Memories (Reign of Love-esque style, also more stylistically upbeat)

16. Shot For The Moon (Fun-esque style, but with more acoustics than in Fun)

17. I Love You (Amazing Day-esque sound, crescendoing into an Up&Up-esque ending)

Singles are:

Walks, Galaxy (Don't Let Go) and Shot For The Moon

There is a B-Side to Walks called Steps, Galaxy has a B-Side called Home, and Shot For The Moon has a B-Side called Reflection of the Stars.

In terms of the album art and style, outer space (the stars especially), and water are especially featured. I have attached a sample album art to the first page of the PDF that I will attach here. As Coldplay did with Ghost Stories, I have handwritten lyrics with doodles to accompany them. That is in the PDF.

I have been working on this project for the past few years, and I must admit it's not 100% complete but it's been a pleasure and I wanted to share this. I'll update this post when I have the actual songs completed as well. In the mean time, enjoy the lyric release of Your Love Means Everything (as this forum would call it "my customized Coldplay album").

• Like 1

Okay. I'm using this forum, and this post to reveal an album I have been working on. It is inspired by Coldplay, thus I felt it appropriate to share it here. In Coldplay terms, this album is meant as a combination of many of Coldplay's album styles (X&Y, Ghost Stories, Viva and A Head full of Dreams predominantly). The album is three parts and directly correlate to three events in my life, and probably most others.

The album is a "love, breakup, recovery and love again" album called Your Love Means Everything (Yes, I am aware that Coldplay has worked on a song of the same name, that song is inspiration for this album and is what it is about).

Lyrically, it is supposed to signify the deep feelings of the euphoria one gets in his/her first relationship, and the subsequent devastation after it ends. But, on a good note, love is found that is more down-to-earth, more natural, more obtainable and real. Essentially, it is a love album, but it isn't just about one person. It's about the past, respecting it and how the past has gotten you to the love you have now.

Here is the tracklist (with Coldplay songs as guides for how the song will generally sound. Again, more the approach I'm taking with them and not exactly how they will sound. I'm not looking to copy Coldplay (with one bold exception, as you'll see below)

1. Life (A spoken word poem similar to Kaleidoscope, but it is a poem I have written. Piano music I have written would accompany the speech)

3. Walks (This one is stylistically similar to Square One, some synth, guitars and background keyboard)

4. Famous Old Painters (Yes, I have styled Coldplay's technically unreleased instrumental with lyrics)

5. The River (This one would be styled after Coldplay's song AROBTTH, especially the quieter parts of the song, this song features a male/female duet)

6. Going Mad (Very synthesized song with a piano interlude that Coldplay fans could relate to Midnight/YLME)

7. Galaxy (Don't Let Go) (This song is stylized after O(Fly On); it is a piano ballad, with some Viva-era guitars toward the end of Galaxy, Don't Let Go is a simplistic piano ballad, it doesn't feature synthesized voice like on O)

9. See You Later (Not to be confused with See You Soon, this song is more stylistically similar to Everglow than See You Soon) (You can tell by now that I love the piano)

10. The River Flows On (Lyrically meant to be a "sequel" to The River, musically it is stylistically similar to I Wish I Was Here and crescendos at the end on a more positive note)

11. Summer Rains (Meant to be similar to Don't Panic, stylistically and in meaning)

12. Yet So Close (This song is meant to be stylistically similar to Up With The Birds, with the style of the first half of UWTB and the style of the second half switching, until finally the end of the song is like an enhanced even more euphoric second half of UWTB).

13. Falling Asleep On The Chair (I'm seeing this song as stylistically similar to the last minute and a half of How You See The World)

14. Heartbeat (More synth heavy than the previous songs (featuring a sort of heartbeat synth track, Birds-esque track, with less muted vocals than Birds) (Maybe like Lovers In Japan?)

17. I Love You (Amazing Day-esque sound, crescendoing into an Up&Up-esque ending)

Singles are:

There is a B-Side to Walks called Steps, Galaxy has a B-Side called Home, and Shot For The Moon has a B-Side called Reflection of the Stars.

In terms of the album art and style, outer space (the stars especially), and water are especially featured. I have attached a sample album art to the first page of the PDF that I will attach here. As Coldplay did with Ghost Stories, I have handwritten lyrics with doodles to accompany them. That is in the PDF.

I have been working on this project for the past few years, and I must admit it's not 100% complete but it's been a pleasure and I wanted to share this. I'll update this post when I have the actual songs completed as well. In the mean time, enjoy the lyric release of Your Love Means Everything (as this forum would call it "my customized Coldplay album").

!!!!!!!

I am going to LOVE Yet So Close when you finished it!!!!! :D

About the whole album, I'm already excited for it. :D

Singles are:

This is one of the most creative comments I've seen on this thread. Good luck with the album my friend. I absolutely love The River's lyrics:D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Beyond the Dead End (Title)

1)Naïve

2)How to Train Your Pet Dog

3)Denial (Life in Comfort)

4)Cataracts

5)Metamorph

6)A Rude Awakening

7)Omniscient

8)The Sixth Sense

9)A Wanderer's Whim

10)Beyond the Dead End

11)Existential Gaol

12)The Adversary

13)Indigo

14) Point Blank *(hidden track)*

Singles-Bsides:

How to Train Your Pet Dog- Bar Code, Facade

A Rude Awakening (EP)- Tapestry, Vacuum, Broken Psyche, Black Market, The Temptress (<very sexy song)

A Wanderer's Whim- Foresight, Chaos's Advocate,

The Adversary- The Conformist, Wilt

The main album will have a very experimental, trippy feel to it and so will the B-sides and EP. Almost like a combo of Massive Attack and Sigur Ros with Radiohead's depressing drowning feeling in certain darker songs. I also would like Pink Floyd's guitar slide sound (Maybe in the song Indigo). There will be harder rockier songs like The Adversary and Beyond the Dead End. This album will be most similar to VLVODAAHF due to its variety in sound and technical quality, but the underlying meanings gear towards more of X and Y's philosophical "the world is such a twisted place/ who am I?" kind of thing. Not all of the album is absolutely grim though, songs like A Wanderer's Whim and Indigo will sound more mystical and filled with a feeling of curiosity about life. Naïve however, will start off like a Brothers and Sisters/ Parachutes style song, purposefully with more of a dull empty feeling (not like the song is bad or incomplete but more of the message it's trying to convey).

Existential Gaol will also be another oddball with more of an ambient Treefingers(Radiohead- Kid A) sound to it.

The album cover will be subtle, like maybe a non representational combo of geometric shapes and abstract forms.

The outfits should all be oriented with the color scheme of the album cover (indigo and some other weird colors~ however those other weird colors should be less saturated) and should mainly resemble a combo of Viva/MX styles.

The era will stress the nature of truth, seeing the forest and not the trees, and relying on one's intuition. It will be somewhat of a mysterious era that might make the public cock their heads a bit.

*and as an added bonus the song Omniscient will feature Guy, Jonny, and Will singing in harmony only. Chris will not be singing at all.

Violent Crimes and Drug Abuse(EP)

1. Fuck You

2. A Long Halloween

3. Drugs & Sex

4. Shoot and Kill (feat Eminem)

5. Death to The Mailman

6. Fire Your Guns

This is a new direction for Coldplay, who have mostly stayed in the Pop-Rock genre until now. They will explore the Hard Rock and Hip-Hop genre, even collaborating with Eminem.

;)

• Like 2

Violent Crimes and Drug Abuse(EP)

1. Fuck You

2. A Long Halloween

3. Drugs & Sex

4. Shoot and Kill (feat Eminem)

5. Death to The Mailman

6. Fire Your Guns

This is a new direction for Coldplay, who have mostly stayed in the Pop-Rock genre until now. They will explore the Hard Rock and Hip-Hop genre, even collaborating with Eminem.

;)

Swearing is key.

And I think you should get another rapper besides Eminem. A mean like an even more hardcore one.

Add a song about weed and make it trippy. And whoever in the band is best at screaming could scream into the microphone in a metal track.

Some songs I'm thinking of:

-Dat Hoe Over There ('bout to get some)

"She's got the goods

Moving at the speed of sound

She can do it right

And take me to para para paradise" XD

-Deflower (*more of a trip hop track)

-He Sees Through Gold Colored Lens (*You never mentioned thievery)

• Like 3

Swearing is key.

And I think you should get another rapper besides Eminem. A mean like an even more hardcore one.

Add a song about weed and make it trippy. And whoever in the band is best at screaming could scream into the microphone in a metal track.

Some songs I'm thinking of:

-Dat Hoe Over There ('bout to get some)

"She's got the goods

Moving at the speed of sound

She can do it right

And take me to para para paradise" XD

-Deflower (*more of a trip hop track)

-He Sees Through Gold Colored Lens (*You never mentioned thievery)

Damn, that will be amazing. I really hope they go this direction for LP8.[emoji1]

• Like 1

I would love something that's like a mixture of slow and sad songs like on arobtth or x&y and more upbeat songs like on mx or ahfod.

I would also love more guitars and especially acoustic ones.

And i really need a studio version of Don quixote it's one of my favorite cp songs!

And gravity definitly needs to be on the album, one of my favorites, too.