✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Is...is this legit?

rrpjdisc

I was thinking about how much I love Coldplay. And then I was thinking to myself how much I love Sigur Rós.

Then I thought to myself, man I'd love for the two of them to do something together, that would be a magic of unspeakable beauty.

But then I brought myself back to reality lol, and though, hmm I wonder if Sigur Rós, its members, have mentioned Coldplay in any interview or something, but I couldn't find anything like that.

So then I thought the reverse: Maybe Coldplay, or Chris has mentioned Sigur Rós, or Jónsi in an interview...

And I found this article!: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/3553700/Chris-Martin-Coldplay-will-never-be-cool.html

I then scrolled down and saw this supposed quote from Chris:

"I always thought that if you were a 16-year-old and liked Coldplay you'd keep it quiet. We aren't cool and never will be. But I hope after this album, 16-year-olds will feel proud to like Coldplay. The best gig I've ever been to was by John Williams, who wrote the music for Jaws and Star Wars. I also love Stevie Wonder and Christy Moore. Are they cool? The best bands in the world today are probably Arcade Fire and Sigur Rós. I think Coldplay is only the seventh best in the world."

Is this..real? Can someone confirm? And was this a recorded interview, audio or video-doesn't matter to me which one, or was this just in the written format by this Brian Boyd person who wrote the article?

I'm kind of just freaking out right now lol, Chris mentioning/knowing of Sigur Rós makes me happier than anything on this earth, because that means he/the band has probably heard "Hoppípolla", which I think every single person of this planet should hear at least once in their lives, regardless of whether they like it or not. (If you're reading this right now and haven't heard it before, go fix that! -- http://bit.ly/1NfwZtO)

So please someone tell me this is legit! And is there any other times Chris, or any members of Coldplay have mentioned Sigur Rós, or Jónsi in any way??

• Like 1

He has mentioned Sigur Rós quite a few times actually :)

I know there's at least 1 audio interview, but I can't remember which one :S

Edit: I think I found it, it was during a 2005 radio takeover on 99X by Chris where he tells a story where they were buying 5 copies of the new Sigur Rós album. I just can't find it in Multimedia

He has mentioned Sigur Rós quite a few times actually :)

I know there's at least 1 audio interview, but I can't remember which one :S

Edit: I think I found it, it was during a 2005 radio takeover on 99X by Chris where he tells a story where they were buying 5 copies of the new Sigur Rós album. I just can't find it in Multimedia

Oh that's awesome, I'll try to search around and see if I can find it lol

Chris also mentioned Sigur Ros in today's Zane Lowe interview, how they released an album at the same time as Parachutes and how they thought "wow, they make better music than we do".

Oh holy crap no way?? Is there any links to that interview? I can't find anything right now.

Do you know that Coldplay's song "Princess of China" features Takk in the intro, and that Chris said when they asked Sigur Rós about using their song, 3 of them were ok with that, but one of them was "not happy" about it?

Holy crap you're right. Wow...how the heck did I miss that haha. God that is freaking amazing!!!

And well, I sure hope Jónsi was one of the 3 who was okay with it lol

and did you know that according to chris, his first child was born to sigur ros' music?

Well that's the only proper way to be born!