✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2016-07-06] Telia Parken, Copenhagen, DK

Guest LiquidSky

Setlist

O mio babbino caro - (Maria Callas song)

1. A Head Full of Dreams(extended intro with Charlie Chaplin speech)

2. Yellow

3. Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall

4. The Scientist

5. Birds - (with "Oceans" excerpt in intro)

6. Paradise - (with Tiësto remix outro)

B-stage:

7. Always in My Head

8. Princess of China

9. Everglow - (preceded by band…more) ?

A-stage:

10.Clocks(with "Army of One" excerpt in intro)

11.Midnight (partial)

12.Charlie Brown

13.Hymn for the Weekend

14..Fix You - (with "Midnight" excerpt in intro)

15.."Heroes" - ( David Bowie cover)

16. Viva la Vida

17..Adventure of a Lifetime

C-stage:

18. Kaleidoscope (extended)

19..Don't Panic (acoustic)

20. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face(audience request song; restarted; acoustic)

21. Sometimes It Snows in April(Prince cover) (withLianne La Havas)

A-stage:

22. Amazing Day - (extended intro)

23. A Sky Full of Stars

24. Up&Up

• Like 1

I choose to post 2 interviews in this thread:

One is about Chris Martin visiting the cancer ward at the Copenhagen University Hospital (Rigshospitalet). One of the patients he visited has been interviewed. The other interview is with one of the openers, Alessia Cara.

From TV2 (that had also posted a video with snippets of Viva la Vida, Yellow and Fix You – 3 of Coldplay’s greatest hits)

Cancerous Marc was surprised at the Copenhagen University Hospital: Coldplay’s frontman visited him

by Kristian Magnus Damsgaard Jensen / translated by Nancy Boysen

22-year-old Marc Sebastian Jensen was positively surprised when Coldplay’s frontman Chris Martin visited him at the cancer ward at the Copenhagen University Hospital (Rigshospitalet).

Even though you are in isolation on the ninth day after a stem cell donation, you do not refuse/say no to a visit by Chris Martin himself.

On Wednesday Marc Sebastian Jensen received a visit that he will probably not forget any time soon. The Coldplay frontman visited him before Coldplay’s concert in Parken the same evening / night.

- He is really cool

Before Coldplay on wednesday evening played their second concert in a sold-out Parken he took the time to visit cancerous young people at the Copenhagen University Hospital. One of them was Marc Sebastian Jensen.

- He is really cool. Quite down-to-earth, says the 22-year-old student at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) to Danish TV 2.

It was in particular the way in which the Coldplay frontman treated Marc Sebastian’s family that made an impression on him.

- He was really caring towards my mother and younger brother. That is probably what I will remember the best, he says.

Took good time

Marc Sebastian Jensen was diagnosed with leukaemia last autumn. Later he was declared well, but suffered a relapse in April. Almost two weeks ago he had a stem cell transplantation from his younger brother. Therefore he is right now isolated, while he receives chemo therapy.

Therefore, it was a happy / pleasant input in his every day life, when Chris Martin stood in the door.

- Actually, he was not allowed to touch me, because I am isolated in a room where everything is antiseptic (sterile).

And even though he is cancerous, Marc Sebastian Jensen has kept his sense of humour.

- I also said to him that I would wish that it was Rihanna visiting me, he laughs.

- He took really good time. We talked a lot of my brother’s stem cell donation – and we talked a little about Rihanna, Marc Sebastian Jensen explains.

Chris Martin himself contacted the hospital

Despite his stardom you do not visit someone without having asked permission to do so. Therefore, Chris Martin himself contacted the Copenhagen University Hospital in order to find out if it was okay that he paid a visit to the cancer ward.

- I do consider it totally good style, says Marc Sebastian Jensen.

The 22-year-old receives chemo therapy for the time being. Therefore, until the last minute he feared that he would be too unwell to receive a visit. Luckily enough, that was not the case.

- The treatment goes as planned, and then it is wonderful with such an experience. I won’t forget that for quite some time. We have listened to Coldplay music all day long, he says.

Real good style with visit at the Copenhagen University Hospital before tonight’s concert ❤️

‪#‎chrismartin‪#‎coldplay‪#‎rigshospitalet‪#‎hrberg

There is a picture on Instagram posted by Kraeftvaerket Rigshospitalet which is a forum for cancerous young people. The picture shows 39-year-old Chris Martin with one of the cancer ward’s patients.

“Fantastic visit to the Kraeftvaerket by a fantastic man, the comedian Geo writes on his Instagram profile where he has shared Kraeftvaerket’s picture.

This story has i.a. been printed in several media such as on www.mx.dk (and in printed MetroXpress on 8 July 2016) and in Ekstra-Bladet (printed version, 8 July 2016).

Relevant snippet of an interview with Alessia Cara with the headline: “Dream job: How it is to play with Coldplay every night”- www.mx.dk/underholdning/musik/story/30601454

I think that Chris Martin was the first Coldplay member I met. I was so nervous that I could not talk at all. I think that I said something foolish. I met the other Coldplay members after a concert – one of the crew had birthday. Then they asked if I would sing the birthday song together with them. Coldplay are the sweetest people. You would not believe that they were so famous. And I have performed with them.

It is the first time that Alessia Cara is in Denmark, and she tries to see as much of Copenhagen as possible before they leave for the U.S.A.

Already now she can feel that she has got a lot of new fans as a consequence of warming up to the Coldplay concerts. When the tour is over this autumn, she hopes to release an album.

In addition to the cliché to win a Grammy award, I am dreaming of making the perfect album. But everything goes so quickly. Again and again, I am surprised each time I meet a human being who knows my music.

• Like 3

Lots of Coldplay on SUNDAY 10 July 2016 from 10.03 - 17 (10.03am - 5pm). Massive Coldplay concert afterparty - P7 Mix Marathon".

Sandie Westh and Mathias Buch Jensen will play some of Coldplay's greatest hits and tell us the story behind Coldplay.

Today Danish radio station P7 Mix (google that) had a Coldplay Marathon from 10 to 17 (10am to 5pm).

Last hour was this TOP 10

10. Trouble from 2000

09. Hymn for the week-end feat. Beyoncé from 2015

08. Talk (2005, I think)

07. A Sky Full of Stars (2014)

06. Paradise (2011 / 2012)

05. Clocks from 2002

04. Yellow from 2000

03. Viva la Vida from 2008 (Guy: Phil Harvey had come back as 5th Coldplay member after a break. And it was a long process from the initial idea undtil the final song)

02. The Scientist from 2002 (with rewind video - Chris had to learn to sing it backwards)

01. Fix You (from 2005)

There will be a podcast from tomorrow with the broadcast.

Podcast with the broadcast of the Coldplay Marathon from P7 Mix on Sunday, 10 July 2016 can be downloaded here:

http://www.dr.dk/p7mix/p7-maraton-old/p7-mix-maraton-coldplay/

P7 MIX Marathon: Coldplay Broadcast Sunday 10 July 2016 from 10:03 am to 5pm

Hosts: Sandie Westh and Mathias Buch Jensen.

PLAYLIST

· 10:03Adventure Of A Lifetime with/by Coldplay (from A Head Full of Dreams, 2015)

· 10:10Lost by/with Coldplay (from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, 2008)

· 10:18Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (Live Parken 2016) with Coldplay (from Mylo Xyloto)

· 10:22Warning Sign with Coldplay (early days)

· 10:31Fix You with Coldplay (from X&Y, 2005)

· 10:39Fun with Coldplay

· 10:43Ink with Coldplay ((A Head Full of Dreams, 2015)

· 10:48Yellow with Coldplay (from Parachutes, 2000 – first big hit for Coldplay)

· 10:54Why Does It Always Rain On Me with Travis (frontman Healy good friend of CM’s)

· 10:57Brothers and sisters with Coldplay (first song – from end of 90’s)

· 11:03The Scientist with Coldplay (from A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002)

· 11:10Army Of One with Coldplay

· 11:16Shiver with Coldplay (first single from Parachutes, 2000)

· 11:26Trouble with Coldplay (Parachutes, 2000)

· 11:35Paradise with Coldplay

· 11:39Magic with Coldplay (from Ghost Stories, 2014)

· 11:45Crest Of Waves with Coldplay

· 11:53The hardest part with Coldplay

· 11:56Chasing Cars with Snow Patrol (warming up for Coldplay during VLV tour 2009)

· 12:03Speed Of Sound with Coldplay (from X&Y, 2005)

· 12:11True Love with Coldplay (from Ghost Stories, 2014)

· 12:18Hunting High And Low with A-Ha (played because CM likes A-Ha)

· 12:26Clocks with Coldplay (from A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002 / GRAMMY)

· 12:40Amazing Day (Live Parken 2016) with Coldplay (wonderful song, also live)

· 12:45Don't Panic with Coldplay (from Parachutes, 2000)

· 12:51Birds with Coldplay (from A Head Full of Dreams, 2015)

· 12:55A rush of blood to the head with Coldplay (title track from 2nd studio album, 2002)

· 13:03A Sky Full Of Stars with Coldplay (from Ghost Stories, 2014)

· 13:11Hurts Like Heaven with Coldplay (from Mylo Xyloto, 2011)

· 13:15Cemeteries Of London with Coldplay (from Viva la Vida or Death etc., 2008)

· 13:19A Head Full Of Dreams with Coldplay (title track of 7th studio album, 2015)

· 13:23Politik with Coldplay (from A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002)

· 13:31Rainy Day with Coldplay (with lot of strings – Davide Rossi)

· 13:40Viva La Vida (Live 2011-2012) with Coldplay (title track of 4th album, 2008)

· 13:46Till Kingdom Come with Coldplay

· 13:51Everything's not lost with Coldplay

· 13:57Up In Flames with Coldplay (from Mylo Xyloto, 2011)

· 14:03In My Place with Coldplay (first single from A Rush of Blood to the Head, 2002)

· 14:10Death And All His Friends with Coldplay (from Viva la Vida or Death … album, 2008)

· 14:14Life In Technicolor II with Coldplay (from the Left Right etc. EP 2009)

· 14:20Tilted with Christine And The Queens (both CM and Jonny like this band)

· 14:28Charlie Brown (Live Parken 2016) with Coldplay (from Mylo Xyloto, 2011)

· 14:32Talk with Coldplay (from X&Y, 2005)

· 14:40Hymn For The Weekend with Coldplay (feat. Beyoncé) – from 2015

· 14:44Swallowed in the sea with Coldplay

· 14:49Up&Up with Coldplay (from A Head Full of Dreams)

· 14:57All Good Things (Come To An End) with Nelly Furtado (CM wrote this song)

· 15:03Princess Of China with Coldplay featuring Rihanna (from Mylo Xyloto, 2011)

· 15:10Lovers In Japan/Reign Of Love with Coldplay (from Viva la Vida album 2008)

· 15:1442 with Coldplay (from Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, 2008)

· 15:20Always In My Head with Coldplay (from Ghost Stories, 2014)

· 15:24Vent på mine sange with Tue West (influenced by Coldplay)

· 15:26Verden i stå with Rasmus Walter (influenced by Coldplay)

· 15:27Warrior/Worrier with Outlandish (influenced by Coldplay)

· 15:32God Put A Smile Upon Your Face with Coldplay (from A Rush of Blood, 2002)

· 15:40Everglow with Coldplay (from A Head Full of Dreams)

· 15:44Adventure Of A Lifetime with Coldplay (from A Head Full of Dreams, 2015)

· 15:51Green Eyes with Coldplay

· 15:54Parachutes with Coldplay

· 15:55Gravity with Embrace (Coldplay made a cover of that song)

· 16:03Trouble with Coldplay (from 2000, no. 10 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:09Hymn For The Weekend with Coldplay / Beyoncé (no. 9 in CP top 10)

· 16:13Talk with Coldplay (from 2005, no. 8 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:20A Sky Full Of Stars with Coldplay (from 2014, no. 7 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:24Paradise with Coldplay (from 2011, no. 6 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:31Clocks with Coldplay (from 2002, no. 5 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:36Yellow with Coldplay (from 2000, no. 4 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:43Viva La Vida with Coldplay (from 2008, no. 3 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:47The Scientist with Coldplay (from 2002, no. 2 in Coldplay top 10)

· 16:55Fix You with/by Coldplay (from 2005, no. 1 in Coldplay top 10)

• Like 1

100 most popular songs on iTunes in Denmark this week (the week after Coldplay's 2 concerts in Telia Park in Copenhagen Tuesday, 5 July and Wednesday, 6 July 2016) – checked this Monday 11 July 2016

09. Hymn for the Week-end

15. Adventure of a Lifetime (2015)

17. A Sky Full of Stars (2011)

24. Hymn for the week-end (2015)

43. Paradise (2011)

50. Speed of Sound (2005)

53. Fix You (2005)

69. Up and Up (2015)

70. Princess of China feat. Rihanna (2011)

71. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (2011)

87. Yellow (2000)

88. The Scientist (2002)

100. Viva la Vida (2008)

What I remember from the Coldplay Marathon Mix:

They talked about an early Coldplay song called "Panic" inspired by an unfortunate date Chris once had. I read about it somewhere (maybe in the "Random" thread): Chris had made her a salad that was not good, and he panicked. Later Chris changed the song's name to Don't Panic (and I am 99 per cent sure that this song is on their first studio album "Parachutes").

There was another song - "Shiver". The inspiration to that song was a particular girl. Rumours had it that this girl was Natalie Imbruglia, but it had never been confirmed. Last Tuesday, i.e. 5 July in Telia Park in Copenhagen, "Shiver" was played, and Chris Martin said that this song was about a lady who was present at the concert in Telia Park on 5 July. The male Coldplay Marathon host checked Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. He found out that Natalie Imbruglia had posted a picture from Telia Park with Coldplay and the balloons etc. That was seen as a confirmation of Natalie Imbruglia being the lady on CM's mind when he wrote "Shiver".

Notes from the Coldplay Marathon broadcast on Sunday 10 July 2016 on Danish radio station P7 Mix:

Introduction of the Coldplay members.

William Champion / Will. Will’s parents were both archaeologists. Will’s mother died just before the making of the Yellow video. For a few days Will was no longer member of Coldplay, because Chris had thrown him out, but he soon had to take him back. According to Chris, Will is sporty. Will mentioned that the band almost broke up at some point due to competitive table tennis. They always play a lot of table tennis on tour. But they all want to win so they have had to give up counting points to avoid bad mood.

Jonathan “Jonny” Buckland. He loves football, following Tottenham.

Guy Rupert Berryman. He has been in a Genesis cover band. He is involved in “Apparatchik” with frontman from Danish Mew and with a prominent A-ha member.

Christopher Anthony John Martin / Chris. A male relative of his was with success speaking in favour of introducing summertime in the UK. Chris’s mother was the first European or English lady to sail down the Amazonas alone.

Chris talked about the Coldplay members’ good chemistry. They are not the best musicians and not making the best songs / music, but they are a unique mix of characters.

The band members were asked about their idols / musical inspiration :

Will: Tom Waits and Nick Cave.

Jonny: Soul, r ‘n b

Guy: Funk, James Brown, Kool and the Gang

Chris: A-Ha (Hunting High and Low played) - and U2

They were asked to pick a Coldplay song and the reason for picking that song:

Will: Clocks, because it is a strong melody. The keyboard part is recognizable. It is a very successful song first time played at Glastonbury Festival in 2002 with massive laser / big production.

Jonny: Up and Up, because his guitar hero (since he was about 16 years old) Noel Gallagher is playing on it. He also likes the lyrics. It is a dream coming true.

Guy: Yellow (from their first studio album “Parachutes” and their first big hit single). Coldplay went from being an unknown to a known band in the UK and soon also abroad. A nice melody and a wonderful time for the band around the time when “Yellow” was released.

Chris: A Head Full of Dreams. It is the opening song he has always dreamed of. It is about chemistry, togetherness (children / world) and all kinds of love. Everything is possible. All songs making it to the album are special to Chris having been accepted by Will, Jonny, Guy, Dave Holmes (their manager), Phil Harvey (the 5th member).

Chris: It felt good to work with Norwegian Stargate. He had heard “What did the fox say” – produced by Stargate. Will said that he learned a lot from the cooperation with Stargate – about freedom and that everything is possible. Stargate assisted Coldplay on “Birds”.

There was an interview with Davide Rossi. “Rainy Day” was played – lots of strings arranged by Davide Rossi. The strings on Viva la Vida were inspired by the strings on “Rainy Day”. Rhytm was from East Europe including Romania – it was like a beat.

P7 Mix had been allowed to play a wonderful version of Viva la Vida with only Chris’s voice and the many strings all arranged and played by Davide Rossi. This version was the so-called backbone of the song. That version was close to the final one – only drums and basslines plus bell had to be added.

Davide Rossi is Italian, but living in Denmark. He has worked with / is working with Danish Goldfrapp, English Dido and Duran, Duran and supplying Coldplay with string arrangements.

He was on stage with Coldplay for Viva la Vida on Wednesday, 6 July 2016.

Davide Rossi: Coldplay is not a one-man-band, even though many people think so. But Chris cannot do it alone. Like Rolling Stones and U2, the frontman needs the other members. Chris Martin is working hard and not only from 9 to 5 like the other 3 members. He often comes very early and leaves late. The other members arrive to do their part / bit and then leave again. Each member finds his role. The band & music has first priority (not the Coldplay members).

CM is very driven / inspiring and the one creating most songs / melodies.

CM is a friend of Frank Healy’s, Travis’s frontman. When Coldplay was quite new in the business, his friend distributed copies of “Yellow” thus promoting his friend and his band.

Snow Patrol was touring with Coldplay in 2009 on their Viva la Vida tour and is inspired by Coldplay. “Chasing Cars” was played.

In 2010 British Royal Mail issued a series of stamps with album covers including Coldplay’s A Rush of Blood to the Head.

A Danish musician Steffen Brandt about Coldplay: He had been to a Coldplay concert in Herning – a Danish town on 16 August 2009. When leaving the concert venue, most concert-goers received a free CD with Coldplay. That was totally good style. Those having to leave by car had a long time waiting ahead, and then it was nice to listen to music / the CD prolonging the feeling of community and togetherness while sitting in the car waiting for an opportunity to leave.

When playing Violet Hill the female host said that Violet Hill could be downloaded for free the first week after its release in 2008. That first week it stormed the charts.

A Danish musician Peter Bjørnskov praises Chris’s way of singing. Coldplay songs often ending in an unexpected way / on an unexpected note.

Chris said that “Magic” came about in a jam session involving all Coldplay members.

Crests of Waves is B side of Speed of Sound single from 2005.

They talked about Coldplay’s and Chris’s activism. Involved in Make Trade Fair / Amnesty / Live Aid.

Coldplay sold clothes and gold discs – proceeds going to charity.

At some point they played “Cemeteries of London”. That song reminds Guy of London in the old days around 1860 on a rainy day.

Till Kingdom Come: This song was meant to be a duet with Johnny Cash, but Johnny Cash was too ill and soon died. So the duet was not meant to be.

Everything is not lost: The last song on “Parachutes”. It was inspired by Blur’s song “Tender” and by an Oasis song.

“Talk” was played. There are 2 versions of this song – the official one and a leaked one with quite different lyrics.

It is well-known that “Fix You” was written for Gwyneth Paltrow whose father had just died when “Fix You” was created. Also “Swallowed” in the Sea” was for GP’s late father Bruce Paltrow.

Chris Martin has written the melody and lyrics for Nelly Furtado’s hit (around 2006) “Why Do All Good Things Come to an End”? A snippet – like 4 seconds - of this song with only Chris singing was played.

Listeners could go to Facebook and write to the P7 Mix hosts. A male concert-goes was at one of the w concerts in Copenhagen with his 20-year-old daughter. Not only had he his wristband on, but also an expensive watch. During one of the biggest songs he was hopping and dancing so much that his expensive watch flew off his wrist and into the crowd. He wrote that losing his expensive watch apparently was a sacrifice he had to make.