✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Best Hymn for the Weekend cover

Simba022

I was looking for acoustic covers of this song and found this....I listened to a lot of other covers, but I feel this is the best! Great vocals and harmonies. Loved it. What do you guys think? I absolutely love this song, and a piano only cover is so refreshing, such a catchy melody.

Sorry moderators if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm new here! Please move it to the right place if so :)

Ofcourse! the original is unbeatable haha :) Though I liked how it was turned into a more melodious song, he didn't just do a duplicate, which is what most covers are in general haha.

Its not more melodic to me. Its just a piano and a voice. For some songs this can work, for this it doesn't work for me.

@Simba022 : You have a very androgynous voice which fits well with the Beyonce parts, but to be honest the parts by Chris....sounded too "melodious" and winding to me. The harmonies were not bad though. That said, I don't like the original song too much so I generally like your idea of making a piano version. Keep it up ! :)

Haha, that's not me, XD I just shared a random cover I found....I agree it's quite different from the original vocally too. He's got a more high-pitched voice compared to Chris, but that kinda worked with the piano. Feel free to share more covers of this awesome song guys! I'm absolutely in love with it.

Haha, that's not me, XD I just shared a random cover I found....I agree it's quite different from the original vocally too. He's got a more high-pitched voice compared to Chris, but that kinda worked with the piano. Feel free to share more covers of this awesome song guys! I'm absolutely in love with it.

Oh, I presumed it was you since you were so new to the board and posted this first thing....but seems I was mistaken :)

Well anyway, welcome ! :D

I've listened to Coldplay before, but became a fan instantly after this song, so registered after that to know more : D, a lovely community here! Love Viva la vida, Fix youu, now I'm on a Coldplay spree XD

Welcome!! There is a dedicated thread to this song where you can geek away: its also one of my favorite songs ! And of course threads about any other song too. And we have a Coldplaying listening party occasionally where we listen to whole albums together. You´re welcome to join!

I've listened to Coldplay before, but became a fan instantly after this song, so registered after that to know more : D, a lovely community here! Love Viva la vida, Fix youu, now I'm on a Coldplay spree XD

If you have only heard the hits so far, I suggest you check out the rest of album songs and especially the B-sides. The B-sides of Coldplay are sublime !!

If you have only heard the hits so far, I suggest you check out the rest of album songs and especially the B-sides. The B-sides of Coldplay are sublime !!

Well we must all accept b-sides don't exist anymore :/ hehe They are a relic of the past it seems. But yeah b-sides were good as well when they used to make them :)