✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I really really REALLY need a job!!

Sammie

hi ya Sammie! you're only 16 and you wanna full-time job? didn't you have one job interview last week...i guess that didn't go off well :/ sowwie!

a brit friend of mine is into arts/embroidery/flowers etc... and i thot...may be, a flowershop girl kind-of a job might be nice for u. i dunno...i'm just blabbering on here. btw, where in england are u? is it a small town or a city? the kind of job u can get depends on that, too...

good luck, in any case!

if u need motivation or help, e-mail me.

Hello!! Yes, I want a full time job...basically I left college in november because my course wasnt going too well and to be honest I wasnt all that happy with the whole college atmosphere thing..it just didnt suit me. I had a job at the time, it was at a shop called Woolworths, I was on the entertainment section and it was alright...but I wasn't getting the hours I wanted once I had left college, they wouldnt give me monday to friday with weekends off...that was bad because theres things going on in my life that i need my weekend for...they also wouldnt give me any time off..not even for my aunts wedding!!!

So basically I left there too...and I had an interview two weeks ago..and they didnt get back to me when they said they would so I'm guessing I havn't got it.....

But I've found a couple of jobs that are quite local from the job centres site...so I'm gonna give them a call today and see what happens...

Oh and I'm in London...well just out of London..in a place called Middlesex

:)

hi Jesssssss and Deniseeeee :blush:

:kiss: :kiss:

*hugsssss* to u both! :)

Sammieeee....why did u leave college? :/ :confused: I have always rooted for people to try and attend college, no matter what. This girl I know in britain...she lives in a small villege in northern england...and i tried to cajole her into going to college...but i guess she's always been in small town/village and she just didn't want to leave that place and be in the middle of hundreds of thounsands of strangers! But u...you're in the city...you should do it. get the degree. work can and will come later!

having said that...ummm...i guess u want weekends so u can be with your bf! :idea2: :wink3:

:P

that's alright, but in retail, weekends are the busy times. Atleast that's how it is here in the u.s. And i know Woolworths...one of my aunts worked for them in Boston for a few years! but that company is sold out, at least here. and i worked in another dept. store...in menswear and later in kids' collection, and ohhhh yeah...weekends were damn busy. that's when they asked me to work the most.

sooo...

if you want weekends off, perhaps you might want to look into applying at banks? you can be a bank teller...work the counters. but you'd have to be really good with money and counting, and i know that some folks just get nervous with handling so much cash. but that's one possibility.

you can just approach your local bank branch directly and see what they say...i dunno how things work over there. here, u just walk-in and apply and try your luck although there are also announcements all the time in the newspaper (specially the weekend editions) and also on the internet.

or

try for a secretarial job...those are most usually during weekdays, with fixed times. you can do several such office jobs...just depends on what's open and what you like. even at the local government offices...the public sector jobs sometimes get overlooked. or of course even the jobs at the local university/college! you might not attend it, but you could still work there! :idea2: lab assistant, research assistant, administration,....stuff like that.

:-)

i can't think of more things. hope u get lucky and find something. but still..think of college! i know of people WITH college degrees who're finding it tough to get a job....so not having a degree is not even funny. :confused: :/

Okay, well I had a look around and I found a couple of jobs that I'd like to go for.

The first one is for an accountants place..its a secreterial job..and it comes with training and stuff so I'm sending my C.V off to them tomorrow.

The other one is receptionist for an optitians just down the road from my house..so I'm going to give them a ring tomorrow and see what happens.

musiclover thanks for the suggestions...my decsion to leave college wasn't final..its just that at the time it wasn;'t right for me..I'm considering going back into education..I've actually been in touch with a modern apprentiship agency who pay you to train in what you want to do and then help you find a career thats right for you...I could definatley do with something like this...most of these things start up again in september so I'll need a full time job until then...not just for money but to give me something to do...im finding it hard to find advantages of staying at home...all it seems to do is make me more stressed and upset..

anyway thanks again for the suggestions :D

You can be a hockey teacher (If you play it) or an English Teacher, for British Schools here (you don't need experience or title, I assure you! :sneaky: ) and you could also be a............... well, we call them "Intitutris" here and that's where a person, from abroad, comes and take care of, nbormally, 2 children while their parents works, and her job is to speak them in another language............... :snore: Well it's not a boring job, it's just boring to have a "Intitutris" and well............... it's very well paid and so, but then, why would you leave Britain!? :rolleyes: :lol: :sneaky: :dozey: