✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Viva La Vida was released on 12 June 2008. Who can believe it's been a decade?

And still for me Coldplay's peak. The most complete, varied and skilful piece of work they've done. And it flows perfectly from the intro and build in LIT to the soft closing sequence of The Escapist. Happy tenth birthday!

• Like 8

Yes it's been a long time (tick-tock) and an album released at a very strange point in time too. (although it seems like it's always a strange point in time... as when someone is doing something... someone else is always doing something else) I think the Brian Eno influence probably makes it even more special and it actually does something a bit different to what went before as the earlier albums are trying to do something in a particular way. I think it was a point at which they started switching things up a little.

I havn't had that album for long and I've been a bit put off spending time with it for various reasons (including getting hold of a copy!) but I'm looking forward to exploring it in full at some point when I'm in a better situation.

I really like "ghost stories" as an album although I still don't have a copy of it!

I think that might be my fave. I'm not sure. The title reminds me of something fukt someone once did "way back" ...where I worked looooong ago.

Time does move fast.

love

Freya

• Like 1

• 2 years later...