✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Question about the tour

Daniel McKay

It's a bit tricky, but here's how I have understood it. I guess from the band perspective, yes it was. Considering performance and setlist, everything about it was like Music of the Spheres World Tour, they even used the wristbands. Meanwhile it was also part of Rock in Rio festival. So from organisatory and financial perspective it's very different to classic tour dates. Also, from the general audience point of view these kind of concerts feel more like festivals rather than some band's world tour date.

To simplify it, we could look at it as if they just fitted a festival performance into touring schedule. Same goes with Glastonbury 2016 being part of A Head Full of Dreams Tour. There is many examples of these cases and from a lot of other bands and artists.

Even 2011 Rock in Rio should be spiritually considered part of Mylo Xyloto tour. That one is even more tricky to call, because the album wasn't released at that point, but they were performing a lot of songs from the album and all the visuals looked like MX.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Thank you for that.

Did you know about the 2021 Jingle Bell Ball being cancelled because Chris had covid before their Music of the Spheres World Tour started?

See if they performed the 2021 concert the tour setlist wouldn't have been used. 

Because the Music of the Spheres World Tour was still happening when they played the Jingle Bell Ball in 2022 and their setlist was the tour setlist like Rock in Rio was the band perspective that this was also a tour date?

1 hour ago, Daniel McKay said:

Thank you for that.

Did you know about the 2021 Jingle Bell Ball being cancelled because Chris had covid before their Music of the Spheres World Tour started?

See if they performed the 2021 concert the tour setlist wouldn't have been used. 

Because the Music of the Spheres World Tour was still happening when they played the Jingle Bell Ball in 2022 and their setlist was the tour setlist like Rock in Rio was the band perspective that this was also a tour date?

I assume they would have just used the standard promotional setlist for the 2021 dates - i.e Higher Power, Clocks, Fix You, Viva La Vida, Human Heart, My Universe, A Sky Full Of Stars, and maybe Coloratura??

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel McKay said:

Thank you for that.

Sometimes the line between what should be called promotional tour and what should be part of actual tour is quite thin. Also some are just special short concerts part of events as well, like Jingle Bell Ball. So I guess it's also about pattern and sequence of shows and length of the show as well. With classifying concert as part of the tour there has to some logic behind it, fitting in with shows before and after. Rock in Rio 2022 fits in very well with Latin American leg of MOTS tour. Rock in Rio 2011 fits in with the several festival performances they were doing before album release that year, kind of like pre album festival leg of MX tour. I guess sometimes it becomes a bit subjective, like with classifying anything in this world, there isn't an ideal formula for everything.

Edited by CP-EST