✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The best Coldplay Songs that casual fans haven't heard?

IAAS_Music

I wanted to share my Indie Music site's latest article on Coldplay, which I hope can spark some decent conversation! As a huge Coldplay fan, there's a few songs that I think show the band off much better than their chart toppers. 

https://www.iaasmusic.com/posts/the-best-5-coldplay-songs

Apologies for the title - you will all definitely have heard the tracks listed! Let me know what you think, and would love to know the under-the-radar tracks you guys think have been missed? 

I disagree with the songs you chose (I don´t really like Everglow and I thing Rainy Day is a good b-side, although I love Glass of Water and O), but I deeply agree on the thought that, if you wanted to show someone what Coldplay is about, I would not let them hear My Universe or A head full of Dreams, but Politik, Us against the world, Coloratura, Church, Don´t let it break your heart... and a real long etc.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2024 at 9:59 AM, rcktsky said:

Church!!

One of the greats from Everyday Life but feels really underrated and not talked about much

Oh my god, absolutely!!! I sing this once a week. Especially the tiny desk performance, man that’s such a special video

• Care 1

8 hours ago, edupoint said:

I disagree with the songs you chose (I don´t really like Everglow and I thing Rainy Day is a good b-side, although I love Glass of Water and O), but I deeply agree on the thought that, if you wanted to show someone what Coldplay is about, I would not let them hear My Universe or A head full of Dreams, but Politik, Us against the world, Coloratura, Church, Don´t let it break your heart... and a real long etc.

Even you saying it about Everglow I get it. There’s plenty I maybe rate higher than that track- perhaps it was an alignment with events in my life that made it extra prevalent. 

I'm hoping to do more of these, with other bands and have the other writers of the site do the same. Discover entry points into artists, maybe? But as a massive Coldplay fan its easiest for me to write about them!