June 15, 20242 yr A friend found this article about it on the interwebs: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/coldplay-chris-martin-romania-manele-b2562911.html
June 16, 20242 yr Between this and the Israeli activist who tried to crash the stage during Biutifyul in Athens, the Moon Music era is getting off to a bonkers start
June 16, 20242 yr Now take it with a grain of salt, but I asked some Romanians, and they basically said that the guy was a gypsy of sorts and that most Romanians hate their music (manele or something) because of the 'values' it promotes. I was there for the first show, and the booing was unreal. It felt like the whole stadium was booing and whistling. Chris introduced the guy like this (not verbatim): "I was walking down the streets of Bucharest and heard someone busking outside. The guy was so talented that I couldn't help but invite him here today." The Romanians I asked said, we paid good money to see Coldplay, and they are forcing this guy on us, as if he represents Romanian culture.
June 16, 20242 yr Author 2 hours ago, Average Coldplay Enjoyer said: Now take it with a grain of salt, but I asked some Romanians, and they basically said that the guy was a gypsy of sorts and that most Romanians hate their music (manele or something) because of the 'values' it promotes. The article Coldplero linked explained Chris took a look at the romanian charts, so that about "most romanians" hating that kind of music... I´m spanish, and I don´t like most reggaeton songs, but it sounds everywhere and the masses love it, it is what it is.
June 16, 20242 yr 6 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: Between this and the Israeli activist who tried to crash the stage during Biutifyul in Athens, the Moon Music era is getting off to a bonkers start The Israli activist should be sued, it's not a place and time to try to ruin a set. And it was dangerous for him and the crew.
June 16, 20242 yr OK I know it's not directly relevant to the thread but I feel like this vid is worth watching https://v.redd.it/mjm6usidxf6d1 Say what you will about the dickhead and his motivations behind it, but how Coldplay reacted was A+ concert etiquette. It was especially heartwarming watching Johnny rush to his aid too.
June 16, 20242 yr Author 5 hours ago, Famous Old Painter said: https://v.redd.it/mjm6usidxf6d1 Say what you will about the dickhead and his motivations behind it, but how Coldplay reacted was A+ concert etiquette. It was especially heartwarming watching Johnny rush to his aid too. Thanks for the video, you´re completely right, they did great. Are we sure that guy was pro-Israel and not anti-muppets? Also, how do you know they came around to check he was ok, and not to give him the bill of the broken stage elements?
June 16, 20242 yr There are a lot of comments on Reddit saying “what the hell, why is there a muppet on stage?” ”That’s not a nice thing to say about Chris Martin”
Create an account or sign in to comment