✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Shawshank Redemption

CityandColour

ok so this sooooooooooooo needed to be bumped. My best mate just bought the limited edition dvd with extra commentary and stuff.. and we woke up this morning to watch it... damn' date=' what a great movie.. its the type of movie you can watch over and over and over again!!! I love it!! Touching as well... anyhoo, I justhad to show my appreciation for the classic.[/quote']

I bought my friend that special edition dvd for her birthday.... so I finally got to see the movie myself. :D :P

great film. but of course, my reaction wouldn't be any different. :)

it looks like i'm going to have to buy another dvd then. In general, i don't like watching films, because i often feel like i've wasted a bit of time. But recently i've started watching GOOD films, like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind & Good Will Hunting, and it seems like maybe it's time for me to watch The Shawshank Redemption. Thank you for teaching me about a good film, i'll be back to give my opinions :cool:

I love this movie. Believe it or not, I actually live less than five minutes from where they filmed a majority of the movie (i.e. the jail). It is actually called the Mansfield Reformatory, and is now completely empty. They do run a haunted house out of it during the Halloween season. Its actually quite cool inside, if you ever get the chance you should check it out.

A few years ago for Christmas I got a book called Buckaroo. Sounds boring, never read it, yeah. However, it turns out my parents got it from one of the groups involved in filming the movie and it was on the cart the old librarian (darn cant remember his name for some odd reason, oh well) was pushing around the prison. Just thought you might find some of this interesting :D .

I wonder how much bling this one gets me.... :sneaky: