✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

does it matter if a guitar is made in mexico or not?

With Mexican Fenders, the parts and electronics are cheaper than American ones, and they're more cheaply manufactured. I don't know the precise details, but it's just to do with the overall manufacturing quality, like binding, finish, electronics, setup etc.

My bassist uses a Mexican Jazz Bass and it sounds amazing and plays brilliantly. It's not quite as good as a USA one, but the Mexican ones still sound awesome and aren't all that much worse than the US ones.

At the price it's currently going for, it's an absolute bargain (they usually retail at around £500, which is about $850 I think).

At the price it's currently going for' date=' it's an absolute bargain (they usually retail at around £500, which is about $850 I think).[/quote']

Dear Lord! Who in their right mind would pay $850 for a Mexican made Fender?! :o

I got my American made Tele for just over $500...

That said, I actually happen to own a Mexican Fender Jazz bass as well, and I paid about $250 for it... so $200 is a pretty good deal.

Dear Lord! Who in their right mind would pay $850 for a Mexican made Fender?! :o

I got my American made Tele for just over $500...

That said, I actually happen to own a Mexican Fender Jazz bass as well, and I paid about $250 for it... so $200 is a pretty good deal.

well in that case, we must be getting seriously ripped off over here in the UK.

A brand new US Tele over here costs about £750, which is over $1000.

• 3 weeks later...