✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Happy Independence Day!

soleil

canada actually still has some of that english influence.. i didn't know that. a lot of their cities' names are the same as ones found in england.. they have some sort of highway in toronto.. something like QEW? :confused: all i know is that it has the word "queen" in it..

When Canada was under British control, wasn't Toronto first named York or something York because of something to do with British royalty or something like that?

Yeah, I noticed that too, soleil. When I went through Ontario, I noticed the British queen (or something like that?) on the coins. :huh:

I don't remember, but I think I remember her face being on one of the bills. Probably on the coins too. Shows how much I pay attention. :lol: My goal there was to put everything on my credit card so that I wouldn't have to bring home Canadian money. I did change money once. And spent it in a day..

I'm sure a Canadian can answer this question. :idea2:

It's grand to celebrate July 4th sitting on the steps of Capitol Building, facing the National Mall and listening to the "Capitol 4th Concert" live and then also watching the fireworks go off near Washington Monument.

Grand, I tell ya! :cool: