August 20, 200422 yr I don't know If it's well spelled, but nevermind...... I'LL OBLY YOU ALL TO WATCH THE OLYMPIC TENNIS TOMORROW AND PAST TOMORROW!!! WE ARE IN THE FINALS, BOTH, DOBLES AND SINGLES (WE NEARLY GOT A CHILEAN FINAL IN SINGLES, IF GONZALEZ HADNO'T GOT INJURED) SO......... YOU MUST WATCH IT, BECAUSE I SAY SO! :D TOMORROW WE GO FOR THE Cu MEDAL...... I DON'T KNOW THE NAME EXACTLY, BUT IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN, IT'S ABREVIATED Cu, AND FOR THE GODL MEDAL IN DOUBLES AND PAST TOMORROW, WE GO FOR THE GOLD IN SINGLES :D
August 20, 200422 yr Author YES! Bronze! and well, it's not as better as silver, but anyway, we'll get 3 medals, which is....... faboulous! :D
August 20, 200422 yr We have like...20+? atleast 10 gold, 10 silver, and like 9 bronze? that was yesterday tho
August 20, 200422 yr Author :lol: I was almost sure it wasn't Bronze, that Cu meant copper, but I thought people would not pay attention and well, they would understand anyway (and they did!) and yes, you have like 1000 medals.......... but we are a small country that does nationalise every good athlete that can be and wants to be nationalise and...... well, I'm just happy with it! :D
August 20, 200422 yr :idea2: I mean, Bronze it's like an alloy of copper and tin in various proportions, sometimes with traces of other metals. Sometimes it's antimony, phosphorus, or other components... not like the Cu. that's an element
August 20, 200422 yr Author Goethe is one of the writers we read is phylosophy :idea2: and Thanks! Thought I knew that already me thinks (our PIB was based on the exportations of Cu, which was at a time about 70% of the money that got in, so I know about that and how they extract it and what they dw ith it, and staff like that (and you end up knowing about most metals after all) but! (there's always a but) I can never find the meanings in english (or sometimes, it's the other way around) Thanks anyway! :D
August 20, 200422 yr Hahaha... Chile? eum... Atacama (mine of Cu) that was "stolen" of Bolivian territory or something like that?? See that stolen has those (" ") so maybe I'm wrong :/
August 20, 200422 yr and yes, you have like 1000 medals.......... but we are a small country that does nationalise every good athlete that can be and wants to be nationalise and...... well, I'm just happy with it! um hello? we have like college students the girl that one gold in gymnastics is 16...
August 21, 200422 yr OMG those romanian girls were soooo... great They got the gold... if u dunno that
August 21, 200422 yr I mean, the female stuff when girls dance with a great ability like birds in the air... :rolleyes:
August 21, 200422 yr Author yes and no........ the Copper mines, most of them, are in Calama which is a bit further up Atacama (well, like at the same level). There is Chuquicamata, the biggest mine "outside" the earth is the world, and (II Region) and El Teniente is the biggest down earth (VI Region). It's true that those territories belonged to Bolivia, but when we went to war (because that wa it, in 1878 If I'm not mistaken) it was because of the "Salitre", the "White Gold" as it was called. The "Salitreras" (the places where salitre is taken from... and they are like small, independent towns) where under British administration and the Chileans had the second most important places (after the Brits) and they just pay taxes to Bolivia. Bolivia raised the taxes (the amount you had to pay), so we went to war. The Bolivian's got toget5her with the Peruans ( from Perú) and their intention was to defeat us, but it didn't worked and we "won" through a legitime war (whatever that means) Atacama, Arica, Iquique....... what's called the I & II Región now.... and ge got to Lima, but we didn't stayed there. During that time, Argentina took advantage and told our goverment that they either gave them the Patagonia or they would go to war, and we were on war already in the north (you must now that Chile is VERY large and from the North to the Patagonia, you have at least 2 weeks, now, on that timw...... uh months!) so we lost it (what you know as Patagonia Argetina, was ours..... like Bariloche and Usuahia) and that was it mainly. We didn't took it from them, we won it in an act of war, which they declared and later abandoned.
August 21, 200422 yr OMG those romanian girls were soooo... great They got the gold... if u dunno that And yes, I meant the Gymnastics Artistic - Women's Team, that girl was... GREAT
August 21, 200422 yr Author I bet Eric's talking about Carly Patterson & Company (it sounds like a law firm)
Create an account or sign in to comment