✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Here's A Review Of Some Of The New Tracks

kimberlina

From NME:

Square One:

Probable first single. Built around a subtle electronic drumbeat reminiscent of Brian Eno or Berlin-period Bowie, the song builds into a huge chorus featuring massive guitars and organ. Like Radiohead's Paranoid Android, it's perplexing on the first listen and appears to go off on different tangents, but after a few spins it sounds like their most ambitious and possibly best song yet.

What If:

Starting with a simple piano, a fragile-sounding Chris sings, "What if you decide/You dont want me there by your side..in your life". Realizing that he can't completely control everything in life, he concludes "Every step you take could be your biggest mistake.../But that's the risk you take." This album's The Scientist.

Talk:

Another future single, "Talk" takes the riff from electronic music legends Kraftwerk's Computer Love and builds a completely new song. It keeps the mechanical beat of the original but adds a huge guitar and dancefloor filling bass-line. Stadiums wont be big enough to contain it.

'Till Kingdom Come:

This was written for Johnny Cash but he died before he could record it. Coldplay's version is a sweet Dylan-esque folk song on acoustic guitar. "For you I'd wait till kingdom come/Until my days, my days are done." Chris vows.

X&Y:

The dreamy, synch heavy song features the chorus, "You and me are floating on a tidal wave together/You and me are drifting into outer space." Beatles style strings suddenly appear towards the end, and the anthemic singalong "woo-hoo-hoo" outro is set to become the sound of next summers festivals.

The Hardest Part:

A classic Coldplay love song about loss and heartbreak, in which Chris sings, "The hardest part was letting go, not taking part."

you know something but dont wanna spread the new....

just to let everybody know.......including you Alessa

Ian would be the first to know........about the announcement

I'm gonna tell him a day early :cool: