🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

To the dutch people

DiveAndTurnaround

Hey,

I need your help, since I'm going to the netherlands next wednesday. I wonder what is cheapest way to travel from the german border (bad bentheim) to amsterdam. I'm planning on going by train. the cheapest connection i could find was 26 Euro. Are there any cheaper tickets available like special tickets. And what is cheapest way to stay in amsterdam for one night? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think by train is the best way of travelling.. I don't think there are other direct connections from Germany to Amsterdam (other than flying, but that's even more expensive than going by train)

What are you gonna do in Amsterdam?

Hostels are probably cheapest (apart from sleeping on the streets, but that doesn't sound particularly comfortable). Sleeping in a dorm room (so with other people) is usually cheepest and there it's relatively easy to get a bed at the last minute. You can also book a private room, but obviously they are somewhat more expensive. I suggest you use google and compare prices.

http://www.hostelbookers.com/

http://www.hostelamsterdam.com/

Train is probably the cheapest way. But you can never trust the NS' date=' there always delays.[/quote']

Dutch people have a tendancy to complain about the rail company, but it actually isn't all that bad. Not compared to how it is in England anyway from what I hear.

Yeah, the english railways are even worse because there isn't just one company. But I hate the train because it's so expensive here in holland. And I've never travelled by train without having delays so.. I think we've got all the right to complain about it :P

I haven't experienced that many delays so far but I don't go by train all that often and when I do usually less than 1,5 hour at a time. They are getting expensive though! They keep having these small increases in prices, like 3%, but they do it quite often!

Anyway it's not like whole trains disappear or anything, just some delays.

This thread suddenly reminded me of something I saw on the news some time ago. It was about the Dutch Railway company. They had taken over an area in the Northern of England I think it was. All the people were so thrilled that the NS was taking over because apparently the NS has such a good reputation and maybe now the constant delays and cancellation of trains would end. Kind of ironic to see all those people rejoice about the company that we constantly complain about. Mind you, the company before the NS seemed to have really messed up....

I'd go for travelling by train too, then in Amsterdam just take the subway or the tram. Anyway, 26 euro's for a train ticket, ridiculous right :) I've got myself a discount card for the Dutch railways, it saves me almost half the money.

I think by train is the best way of travelling.. I don't think there are other direct connections from Germany to Amsterdam (other than flying, but that's even more expensive than going by train)

What are you gonna do in Amsterdam?

I'll attend a concert. A secret concert by the band everybody likes at this site. :cool: Oh, and thanks for the help.