✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

piano playing

shanecrofts

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

probably best to just play to the live versions' date=' what did it sound like after you upped the pitch?[/quote']

A tad bit faster, I didn't have to up the pitch by much. But I'd rather play along with live versions because they're simply more action packed :lol:

Which reminds me please if you can, try and get someone to record one of your gigs (if I haven't asked already) and upload to your server, that would be rad. I'd like to hear you guys play, but I don't live in the UK and I don't intend on flying out...and I think your gigs will sound really good.

yeah you seem to get in to it more when you play to the live versions :)

and we will try get something sorted in the way of recording one of our gigs, were playing tonight but dont know wether any one will record it for us, but hopefully they might.

Hey shane, i appreciate your help from this forum. I have been looking online for about 2yrs for the correct music. (There is so much crap on the internet)

Anyways, is there any way that i can listen to your band? I would love to hear you guys perform!

You're welcome. The names Oscar by the way. Ever since i heard the Scientist i taught myself how to play the piano... sort of. :lol: Anyways, since i don't have my own I don't get to practice it much, but whenever i get a chance to play one the Scientist is always the first thing i bust out. Now thanks to you i can expand my repetoir (sp??).

BTW, how did your gig go?

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Hey Shane, or anyone else for that matter, I am interested in buying a piano (i doubt my parents will let me take my sisters after all :x ) So iguess my question is would it be better to buy an electronic piano or a real one. And what would be important features ( :huh: ) to look for when considering each?

Oh yeah I almost forgot... :idea2: On the scientist, i got the chords (from an earlier post :D ) but what is the timing. It is my understanding that your left hand is playing eighth notes and your right hand playing quarter notes.

Is this right? :huh:

buying a real piano would be great you know if you have the room and if your not thinking of going out and gigging with it yamaha and roland are very nice pianos but quite exspensive, if you buy an electric keyboard try get waited keys and also just make sure it's got a nice piano sound, at the moment i'm using a korg sp200 which is about the best sounding piano in its price range of £ 500 in my oppinion.

and yeah on the scientist your left is playing double the speed of your right hand wether that is what you meant before i dont know cos i dont really count beats :) hope this helps you out mate.

Shane you're awesome. I appreciate you taking the time to help me out on that. My price range for a real piano (which is just for me and not for gigging :D ) is under $300. It isn't that hard to find one at that price (thanks tot he wonder of Ebay :sneaky: )

As far as what you said about the keyboard, did you mean weighted keys, cause you kind of lost me for a bit. Call me a slow mexican, but could you explain that bit for me?

yeah weighted keys its like when you play some keyboards the keys feel light and are not touch sensitive you know, like when you press a key dosen't matter how hard, the sounds comes out at the same volume level so you get no feeling in how you want to play this is why you want weighted keys, they feel like proper piano keys, and you get more feeling :)

Shane, have you ever heard of Baldwin pianos? I have one, it used to be my mom's until she passed away last year. Now I claimed it for myself :)

But yeah, is Baldwin a sucky brand? Is it one of those "standard" brands? Cause I don't think it sonds all too good, but that's probably because it hasn't been tuned for 7 years...lol.

i,m very sorry to hear of your loss mate, but as for the make of the piano i cant say i have ever heard of them and maybe the tuning could have something to do with it :) iv'e just asked somebody else and they have just told me that they have heard of the make baldwin so that could be a good thing right.

Shane, have you ever heard of Baldwin pianos? I have one, it used to be my mom's until she passed away last year. Now I claimed it for myself :)

But yeah, is Baldwin a sucky brand? Is it one of those "standard" brands? Cause I don't think it sonds all too good, but that's probably because it hasn't been tuned for 7 years...lol.

If I recall correctly, Baldwin's a good brand... I think we don't hear about it too often precisely because it's expensive compared to lets say a Yamaha or a Petrof etc. Of course it's probably no Steinway Grand either :P

i sing the lead vocals but, no offense taken at all mate, i thankyou for your honest oppinion you know, it always then makes you try to do better.

and thanks for the comments about the music :)

When you made the recordings of Clocks and the other samples on your site, how did you go about recording? I noticed too that your voice was a bit off key sometimes, but I know it's hard to play and sing along with the piano at the same time. If I may, the next recording you make, you should record the drums, the guitar, vocals, piano and bass as all different tracks and mix them together. Yeah, it'll take some time but that's usually the best way to do it.