✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

piano playing

shanecrofts

Oh definatley (to both things). Sometimes when i am playing if i try to sing at the same time, disaster strikes :o

But also, even though it may take longer, breaking up the recording into a few sessions (though it will take longer) will probably come out better in the end.

Though i am sure that you already knew that. :D

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did multi-track the recordings (pro tools). We laid the drum tracks down first, but without a metronome, just with everyone else playing along. I did a few other tracks for another band a few weeks later and used a metronome for them and found it much easier, so next time Coldplace record, i'm gonna use a metronome.

We'd only been together about four months or so when we did the demos and we've been together another full year now and so we're really wanting to record some more tracks coz we know we can do far better than the recordings we've done so far. Not that we're unhappy with the three tracks we've already done - we just know we can do better. I know that I, personally, could list a handful of inaccuracies with my drum tracks (crashes missing at the end of clocks, superfluous crashes in the scientist etc). Anyway, thanks to everyone for the positive comments about our demos - it's very pleasing :)

• 1 month later...
hey!

i'm also a piano-lover!

i just have a question: i once found on internet, and the link must be here somewhere, the coldplay notes for all the songs...so far no problem...but, when i play it with the cd (for example the scientist) it matchs with the singing but if i listen to the music it sounds awfully false, just if i were completely untuned, but my piano is tuned!!!!

so is chris playing on an untuned piano or what am i doing wrong?...

The chords u are playing are probably right. I think that the band tunes their instruments in a weird way for some of the songs. I get the same feeling when i play "Warning Sign" I think that they are tuned differently.

Just listened to some of your work @ Coldplace. Just a quick note' date=' the second arpegio-like sequence of clocks, you're playing the wrong set of notes. It should be c#, a# and f :)[/quote']

thanks for checking out the songs !! we had discovered the errors quite a while ago - the songs were recorded over a year ago and we've got loads better since. thanks for listening and noticing anyhow :cool: :cool: :cool:

So when are you coldplay ppl gonna update for us... i've been waiting a while to hear what you guys sound like now. I wanna hear your version of Speed of sound! :D

We've played Speed of Sound at a couple of gigs now and second gig we did most people said it was their favourite song of the night !! (take that you SOS dissers ! lol :lol: ). We're gagging to get in the studio again asap but can't afford it at the mo. SOS is one of the tracks we're gonna do though.

can anyone tell me wt is the last poart in "politik" he does it in live version (the notes and chords he ends his song with) ??

i will apriciate it alot

thx in advanced :D

i guess your on about the run down, this is what i play.

starts from the middle F on the piano.

(F C F G#) (F C F G) repeat these untill it runs down.

(F C G#) (F C G) (F C F) (F C D#) (F C) (F G# C) (F G C) (F) this is the last chord, your middle f is the highest note working down it is (F C F F).

Re: I need help

Can anyone tell me the chords (piano) of "Speed of Sound" please?? :D Txs

the verses are A G6 D

the bit before the chorus is G A B

the chorus is G D B G / G D F# G and then repeat the to end chords on the bit when chris repeats when you can see then you understand, then it,s a D before it goes in to the drum part.

can anyone tell me wt is the last poart in "politik" he does it in live version (the notes and chords he ends his song with) ??

i will apriciate it alot

(F C G#) (F C G) (F C F) (F C D#) (F C) (F G# C) (F G C) (F) this is the last chord, your middle f is the highest note working down it is (F C F F).

are u sure about them chords?

i mean it sounds really close just checkin how did u get this information cause u are really close to briliantness :)

thx alot tho

i will apriciate it alot

i mean it sounds really close just checkin how did u get this information cause u are really close to briliantness :)

thx alot tho

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18200

See this thread for the original politik sheet :)

i was wondering how do u play trouble i dont no chords yet cuz im rather new but if someone could explain it in notes thatd be extremely dudical of u.

k ur request is goin to take sometime :/

but here is the start i will tell u wt to press with "do re me fa sol la si do"

i hope u atleast know that :P

here it goes:

fa# sol fa# re (sol re si) re

fa# sol fa# re (sol me si) me

fa# sol fa# re (si re fa# si)

fa# la sol fa# re (sol re si) re

fa# sol fa# re (sol me si) me

fa# sold fa# re (si re fa# si)

k i know this is week but i dont really know how to tell him without him knowin the chords i tried...so atleast he wont get deperate :P

this is the best song i like to play on the piano (this and amsterdam ofcourse:P)

i will apriciate it alot

thx alot tho

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18200

See this thread for the original politik sheet :)

my friend i have all these sheets :)

how do u think i learned to play politik on the piano :P

it doesn't show at the ending

but look it doesn't matter the chords u gave me are great i couldn't ask for more :)

now i will have a sweet ending:D i just wanted to find out how u figured out the ending...by hearin abilities? or did u see it somewhere?

neither way... thx alot :)

p.s. i am a member in http://www.pianofiles.com so if u're lookin for any sheets i may help u get them

Glad i could help out mate, and you already probably know, but in sounds really good when you hold the sustain pedal on for the run down. :) just figured it out by hearin and watching the dvd constantly. Need anything else mate and i will try my best to help and thanks for the link :)