✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Brothers And Sisters E.P. confusion.............

DanielColdplay22

[if it's been posted then direct me to the explanation]

ok - I have both versions of the "Brothers And Sisters" E.P.

{the original CD and the Panda Records one, or other one, well 2 of them}

anyways, the title track sounds WAYYYYY different from the original to the "re-released" disc....... any wonder why?

I guess they change the song around (after re-release) if they feel it can be better. Same thing with Don't Panic in the Don't Panic EP. It sounds somewhat different to what it sounds like now. I like that though, kinda shows how they've evolved over time. They should do it more often!

they were both released by Fierce Panda, however the 're-pressing' version was also distributed by another label as well.. (in conjunction with)

What I do know from the original cd.. is that there is a panda on the cd (image) and as for the later version.. its just white with blue letters. I wasnt aware that the sounds were different. If the song generally has the same words and such.. and its just the 'quality of sound' that is different, that is possible. Perhaps the album was remastered on the re release??

I'll ask Debs if you like.. :cool:

I know there are two versions of Brothers and Sisters; the one on the EP, and the one of the Trouble single. The Trouble single version is about 0:40 longer, and a little slower (and much better in my opinion). Had no idea that the re-release of the EP had a different version.

[Results Looking At WinAmp - 2 Versions]

1. Coldplay - Brothers And Sisters (4:07) **

2. Coldplay - Brothers And Sisters (4:47) ***

** - This is the one that cuts into the song, Johnny's riff leads the song.

*** - This is the one idiom described from being on the Trouble single, slow beginning and definitely in a different key.

....I do not have a scanner for proof, so (as to not cause any more confusion) take my words as my only proof. I know I copied those songs from each (respective) disc [remastered/re-release -- original]. I would not doubt it someone has it like me, but I dont know who would "concur" with me.

Hopefully Debs or another Mod can clarify, or do I have something rare?

:/

[Results Looking At WinAmp - 2 Versions]

1. Coldplay - Brothers And Sisters (4:07) **

2. Coldplay - Brothers And Sisters (4:47) ***

** - This is the one that cuts into the song, Johnny's riff leads the song.

*** - This is the one idiom described from being on the Trouble single, slow beginning and definitely in a different key.

....I do not have a scanner for proof, so (as to not cause any more confusion) take my words as my only proof. I know I copied those songs from each (respective) disc [remastered/re-release -- original]. I would not doubt it someone has it like me, but I dont know who would "concur" with me.

Hopefully Debs or another Mod can clarify, or do I have something rare?

:/

i've got both version too - only one is 4:04 and the other 4:49 but they're probably essentially the same versions as yours. I got one (4:04) off the without parachutes bootleg, which is also the same version as what's on my copy of the brother's and sisters ep. The other version (4:49) on an import version of trouble (not too sure what country).