✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Hicksy what's your marking for these bands?

busybeeburns

I know, strictly speaking, this thread is Hicksy's so I wouldn't dare give them marks out of 10 :? but i couldn't resist saying that I really like Turin Brakes and Doves (going to see them but have to wait 'til Nov) although I'm not sure about the new Turin Brakes song. That's all. :lol:

he he - sorry ive only just had time to check through the recent posts cause of housework and stuff like that - 24yrs old and got my own house - just dont do it!! wait till your 30!! anyhow.... here goes...

Pearl Jam - cant help but devide this down a bit since they have produced a lot of material but overall... 7/10 (early stuff 8/10, more recent stuff 6/10, middle albums - i.e. pre-binural 7/10), having said that there are some Pearl Jam songs that are "epic" in that they will be around forever! :D

Turin Brakes - VERY promising band - I was shocked at how much the lead singer and they're general style sound like another band i like called (racks brain...) ARGH cant remember - come back ill edit it in when i do remember - anyway :shock: I've remembered - its "Subcircus" :lol: - for theyre first album id give it 7/10 - with the first three tracks pushing out a 8/10 and the album tapering off a bit as it progresses

Doves - I havent had a great deal of experience with these guys but on the strength of their common songs again 7/10 although the single with the tribal drums i like - if u know them u got to know which one i mean! :wink: - reminds me very much of Radiohead's "There There" from they're new tour material

Moby - unfortunately not really my scene so i would mark him a harsh 6/10 although i recognise that is not popular opinion and i have to admit some of his material i like but i've never bought into his very commercial style - although some would say thats the whole point of him so im not really sure where i stand with him :roll:

hope that's a reasonable response - never had such a direct post before :D