✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Anyone on here play the drums?

burningmonk

I'm learning how to..

I got a digital drum set two years I go, it was really cheap though, I don't you can really call it a drumset.., it looked like a kid's toy..

only played it for a couple months =/

then a couple months ago, a friend of mine asked me to play the drums for her band.., so we rehersal every friday at the bassist's bass class, and her teacher teaches me anything I don't know how to do, or that I'm doing wrong.. :D

too bad I don't have a set at home(I can hardly count my digital drum set as one)

hey there ! i play drums too, in fact i'm a drummer in a Coldplay tribute band ! Taking lessons is a good idea coz it'll teach the rudiments and proper technique and although at the time it's a drag and doesn't seem like you're learning anything decent, if you stick with them you'll be well glad a couple of years down the line ! Keep it up coz drums is the most fun instrument to play.

I'm sure it is!

I was having fun an hour ago, at school with my friends(including the guitarist for my band and the bassist), and while the guitarist was playing her acoustic guitar, the abss player was doing back vocals, I was playing the drums on ly legs..

it sure was fun..

it just wasnt exactly good for my legs, which felt fore after all the hitting

lol

hey there ! i play drums too' date=' in fact i'm a drummer in a Coldplay tribute band ! Taking lessons is a good idea coz it'll teach the rudiments and proper technique and although at the time it's a drag and doesn't seem like you're learning anything decent, if you stick with them you'll be well glad a couple of years down the line ! Keep it up coz drums is the most fun instrument to play.[/quote']

Yeah, thats how I felt when i first started taking the lessons, but now I really appreciate doing taking them...

I got a Premier Cabria Lite kit with Sabian B8 cymbals. Been playing for about 6 months now. Can play all of AROBTTH, working on X&y now. (Stupid 16th's on HH, so hard :cool:)

Just did some recording, but its horrible quality. Check out the recording thread in the Coldplay section for links.

• 3 weeks later...

I started playing at your age and i've been playing for 4 years. Getting started is the hardest part, I play almost daily and a lot of times i get the feeling like i have still so much to learn. My advice is play in 15 - 20 mintues segments at least for an hour a day. And always watch other drummers, go to the music stores and just watch how the other people play, and ASK QUESTIONS!! Good luck.