Man ray kind o f sky

world:

next one-- Fix You

3rd-- Talk

4th-- A Message

5th-- What If

America:

next one-- Fix You

3rd-- A Message (sent out to adult contemporary stations)

4th-- Square One (sent out to rock stations)

(America seems to never get up to more than 4 singles anymore for even the most popular albums-- something about our radio refusing to play anything too different)

Considering "White Shadows" sounds so commercial and is so good, I would say that would be a single, but bands always tend to avoid the obvious candidate. I think Coldplay would avoid releasing it because it's just too '80s. They say influenced by the Cult and Tears for Fears, but it also sounds like pure U2, everything about it, melody, production, BASSLINE.

Also since it's my favorite song, and Coldplay is so huge that any single gets way overplayed, I kind of don't want it to be.

I think Fix You' date=' Talk, and um..White Shadows?[/quote']

I agree.... my fellow Interpol fan! :wink3: and welcome to the board.. :glasses2: <-- Paul

Hey. Thanks! Yes, my love for Interpol is huge. Ah yes, Paul and his aviator glasses. :lol:

fix you, then what if, and finally low or a message. white shadows, as i have said time and time again, will likely be an X&Y gem that won't be released so that us fans can keep marvelling over it. talk won't be a single, because, as much as it's definitely worth the airplay, it's gonna put them under major fire for not being original enough. square one won't be a single for the same reason, and also because coldplay had been contemplating making it the first single and decided not to......and a song like this is made solely to be an introductory song. and PLEASE people, PLEASE don't ask "why not swallowed in the sea, or X&Y?", because you don't have to be a genious to figure it out.

1. Speed Of Sound

2. Fix You

3. White Shadows

4. Low, A Message, The Hardest Part, or Talk

Im pretty confident that White Shadows will be released as a single. Maybe The Hardest Part is too uncoldplay for a single, and cz Talk is a borrowed tune its not obvious that theyd do that. Id prefer The Hardest Part, that makes the bunch of singles nicely diverse :)

1. Speed of Sound (Doesnt have to be 'predicted' but I will include it here anyway)

2. Fix You (don't we know for fact that this is the next one?, yes we do)

3. White Shadows (for the reasons stated above)

4. A Message (it probably wont be, but I like to think it would)