✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

St. Louis-September 17th

dubmedivine

those are great pictures' date=' slcards1! you are so lucky![/quote']

What pictures?

And for anyone who's interested... I'm trying to rack my brain about everything that happened last night...

-- ‘Politk’ = new lyrics … ‘Send your love to New Orleans…’

-- yellow balloons filled with confetti during ‘Yellow’, Chris violently pops a balloon that lands right in front of him at the end of the song

-- Chris jokes about how he didn’t know this many people in St. Louis knew about Coldplay; he thinks some people at the concert may have mistaken the band for The Backstreet Boys -- he was sincerely sorry for the confusion ; )

-- Chris hugs Johnny at some point during the set (after what song did this happen?)

-- Chris and gang are back after a brief and unexpected hiatus (Chris was sick with a vocal cord infection); he was glad to be back; said there was nothing worse than having to cancel a show, only to come back and have “a big red spot” on the side of your face lol

-- Chris asks someone in the audience if she wants to hear ‘Green Eyes’ or ‘Don’t Panic’; he thought she said ‘Green Eyes’, apparently she didn’t so they end up singing ‘Don’t Panic’

-- Chris sings into someone’s cell phone during ‘Talk’

-- a countdown at the end of ‘Clock’; after each # (10, 9, 8...) the tempo gradually gets faster until the very end, which it is now going incredibly fast, then abruptly stops

-- Chris runs out into the crowd, then sings the remainder of ‘In My Place’

-- Chris has some fun with the light bulb during ‘Fix You’; he flings it around back and forth during the guitar solo

-- Chris lays a big wet one on a camera as he exits the stage -- his giant mouth is seen by all on screen lol

I really don't think there was a song in between 'Low' and 'Everything'... because I don't remember AROBTTH or 'Amsterdam.' And did they play 'What If' last night, too? I know it was played before the show started. And what song was it where Chris sang his part and we echoed him back? Gah!! Someone with a better memory, please help me out!

Glad he JOKED about cancelling the show I was supposed to attend. :angry:

:rolleyes: Yeah, it wasn't like that at all. He asked the crowd last night probably about 3 or 4 times if we were ok -- he said he felt badly about the missed shows and wanted to make sure everybody was having a good time.

To the people whose shows were cancelled/postponed/whatever... you all need to get over it. Chris was sick. End of story. It really speaks highly of you if you expected him to perform feeling like shit and possibly doing serious damage to his voice in the process. And if you think the guys are being malicious and don't care that they missed a few shows, get a grip.

Hey all I registered just so I could post about this concert. It was really great and the other posters summed up the highlights very well. I was disappointed they didn't do What If, Amsterdam, or Trouble, which are three of my favorites. However their rendition of Clocks, In my Place, and Fix You was really amazing. It really was one of the best concerts I have been too.

I thought Chris's voice was good and the band performed very well. I was suprised Chris never mentions the other band members.

My pics aren't very good at all (cheap camera phone) but I think they give a good scope of how big the crowd was, which is one of the largest I have ever seen at the UMB.

Picture_70_.jpg

Picture_73_.jpg

Sheikyarboutie (sorry about maybe misspelling your username) and whoever was in MM center....my friends and I were in LL center last night and probably saw you. We thought the concert rocked. One of our party was from London and this was the first time seeing Coldplay ever. She loved it. We thought the visuals were very kewl, much better than the visuals from a couple three years ago at the Savvis Center even. I've got some pics I can post when I get them uploaded to my server, but I do have a question in the meantime concerning the music that was played prior to the concert while the crew was setting up. I thought it was amazing and would love to own it. I don't know if it was the same CD or group that covered the Beatles song, but that was good too. Does anybody know who it was? Any information about this canned music would be appreciated. We would love to see some other pictures from the show also. I'll get mine posted asap. Thanks.

Well, I got my pictures back today. Not very good lol But, I guess they're better than nothing. These are really the only ones worth posting...

And wow, there were a ton of people on the lawn! How many people would you say were there last night? I'd say easily 10,000 (probably twice as many cars lol OMG, traffic leaving the concert was horrendous).

Oh and by the way the concert was so AWSOME!!! The lights were cool the band rocked and Chris was perfect! I thought several times I would cry because it was all so beautiful. There are so many things I was going to say about the concert last night that today I am really almost speechless and can't really figure out how to explain it.

I hope all that went last night enjoyed it and it ment as much to you as it did to me!

Joanna

Hey I've been wondering about talk being performed live.

How is it? I mean its obviously one of their most "driven" songs..

I've seen some video clips of the last couple mins of the song but they're all really far back. Can't really see the mood of the crowd/guys on stage.

Like I've heard the bear thing is quite... random.. but I really hope the song is as powerful as it is on the album..

anyone?

• 4 weeks later...

i realize i am quite late in posting but i was front row center in pit for this concert. i believe i was two feet away from chris at one point or another. it was like seeing the face of buddah or jesus or any other religious figure to me. the best night fo my life...

i it was like seeing the face of buddah or jesus or any other religious figure to me. the best night fo my life...

that's hilarious, :lol: but I totally know what you mean! I especially loved when he comes bounding out to the front of the stage in the chorus for Square one, me and my friend were freaking out. it looked like he was going to jump into the crowd! :stunned: