✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

St. Louis-September 17th

dubmedivine

Well, I am grateful that I did get tickets, but I am still bitter...

The thing is, I woke up at 9AM CST waiting for the tickets to go on sale (yea, i know it was 10AM CST, but this was the first time i bought tickets on ticketmaster, so i didnt know for sure if the tickets would be sold at CST [even though the FAQ said so]). Anyways, my friend and I both got online thinking we would get amazing seats. I went ahead and tried to order 6 tickets off the bat for the $69 section, because i was asked by a group to order tickets instead of everyone doing it on their own. My friend on the other hand was backup just in case.

Well my request for 6 tickets didnt go through, and my friend got lucky because he only ordered 2 tickets. He got the $69. I am guessing there were seats already pre-sold, so ticketmaster probably had a handful in the lower section. Not fair at all because im such a huge Coldplay fan. Didn't know about the whole pre-sale business either. I guess I fell upon this site a little late. But honestly, I don't mind. At least I am seeing the show.

I bought mine around two in the afternoon. A bit late, I know. The $49 ones were sold out. So, I have friends in that section, and I'm off in another section. I'm hoping there's a way maybe I can sneak over to them instead of being by myself. That's no fun.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So glad to see they pulled thru at Tonight's show after resting thru Tampa and Birmingham.I wonder now if they will play a few more dates and then skip a couple of other venue's so Chris can rest. I wonder.... how can so many other Artist's and Bands get it done without cancelling out shows.Im not talking just U2,The Stones and other bands,but MANY other Artist's seem to get it together and get the job done.A Singer's voice should be the most precious thing to TAKE CARE OF,not forget about till it gets so shot. Whatever Miraculous thing that Doc gave him in West Palm,he shouldve taken extra for Tampa and Birmingham.Sorry,but I dont understand.Coldplay is getting a BAD reputation for cancelling shows,they have done it before,is doing it now and seemingly WILL keep doing it.My hopes were dashed that night and I honestly dont think I can ever be that excited on seeing them again after what happened.Does it make me not as "True" a fan? Maybe in your eyes.I am just so very dissappointed that even hearing their songs makes me so sad.And how should I feel when I come on here and see threads about the concert tonight and the one's in the future where people say WOW! Great show! Its like salt in this wound. 2 years of waiting to see them Live......I havent loved a band this much in years so yeah, I'm devastated.Call me crazy but I think Tampa and Birmingham should be added at the end of the American tour,or do whatever they have to to make it up to the fans SOMETHING better than "See ya next year!".Am I asking for too much?,not at all.These cities will end up being the forgotten ones and thats a damn shame.Before this when I mentioned going to this concert that never happened,most people said "Coldplay? Who's that?,never heard of them".I think soon enough I will be saying the same,that is after I sell my Coldplay Cd's and DVD's on Ebay for a Dollar.I'm done.

* Note from Me*

Dear Coldplay,I am so sorry your voice was tired out from playing so many venue's in America that you felt you needed a break at the expense of 20+ thousand fans.I'm very happy these few days of rest got you through tonight's show without a hitch.Perhaps you need a better Tour promoter or start taking better care of your instrument,maybe? I hope you lost a great deal of money from these missed venues,but you will make it up,I'm sure-unlike the rest of us.All we got to show for being your fans was a flyer handed to us by the workers blocking the entrance or an announcement on the radio,THANK YOU SO MUCH COLDPLAY.You skipping out on these 2 cities is and will be a major set back for you.Mark my words,I highly doubt the attendance will be as high next year or whenever you decide to come back.'See you in Spring 2006'? Nah,I think I will cancel out on that one.

Love, Ex Coldplay fan

I'm not sure if this is right, so if anyone else was at the show and can correct this for me, please do :)

Square One

Politik

Yellow

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Speed Of Sound

Low

---- was there another song in between these two?

Everything's Not Lost

White Shadows

The Scientist

'Til Kingdom Come (Acoustic)

Ring Of Fire (Acoustic)

Don't Panic (Acoustic)

Clocks

Talk

(Encore)

Swallowed In The Sea

In My Place

Fix You

So, how was this show? How was Chris's voice?

My pre-show obsession and anticipation for Nashville tonight has only been tweaked and geeked to an insane level at the thought that the group could cancel at the last minute due to Martin's health.

I'm so sad for the fans who missed their Florida and Alabama shows, but let's keep this in perspective. Even thought my brain and body have been breathing, sleeping, humming, dreaming Coldplay for weeks, readying for tonight, if I had to miss this to preserve CM's pipes, I would.

So, please, someone lucky enough to have seen the show last night,

how was it? How was the energy? How was his voice?

Praying for a perfect Nashville full-moon night.

all that noise, all that sound,

Anu

It was AMAZING! Chris's voice was really good! He ran into the audience (as far as he could) and he was really close to my seat! The lights and music were so cool! At the end of the show, when they were leaving the stage, Chris kissed the camera and everybody could see it on the big screen! If anyone can post pictures, please do! :D

It was AMAZING! Chris's voice was really good! He ran into the audience (as far as he could) and he was really close to my seat! The lights and music were so cool! At the end of the show' date=' when they were leaving the stage, Chris kissed the camera and everybody could see it on the big screen! If anyone can post pictures, please do! :D[/quote']

when he ran into the crowd, i was the closest person to him. it was sick.

So glad to see they pulled thru at Tonight's show after resting thru Tampa and Birmingham.I wonder now if they will play a few more dates and then skip a couple of other venue's so Chris can rest. I wonder.... how can so many other Artist's and Bands get it done without cancelling out shows.Im not talking just U2,The Stones and other bands,but MANY other Artist's seem to get it together and get the job done.A Singer's voice should be the most precious thing to TAKE CARE OF,not forget about till it gets so shot. Whatever Miraculous thing that Doc gave him in West Palm,he shouldve taken extra for Tampa and Birmingham.Sorry,but I dont understand.Coldplay is getting a BAD reputation for cancelling shows,they have done it before,is doing it now and seemingly WILL keep doing it.My hopes were dashed that night and I honestly dont think I can ever be that excited on seeing them again after what happened.Does it make me not as "True" a fan? Maybe in your eyes.I am just so very dissappointed that even hearing their songs makes me so sad.And how should I feel when I come on here and see threads about the concert tonight and the one's in the future where people say WOW! Great show! Its like salt in this wound. 2 years of waiting to see them Live......I havent loved a band this much in years so yeah, I'm devastated.Call me crazy but I think Tampa and Birmingham should be added at the end of the American tour,or do whatever they have to to make it up to the fans SOMETHING better than "See ya next year!".Am I asking for too much?,not at all.These cities will end up being the forgotten ones and thats a damn shame.Before this when I mentioned going to this concert that never happened,most people said "Coldplay? Who's that?,never heard of them".I think soon enough I will be saying the same,that is after I sell my Coldplay Cd's and DVD's on Ebay for a Dollar.I'm done.

* Note from Me*

Dear Coldplay,I am so sorry your voice was tired out from playing so many venue's in America that you felt you needed a break at the expense of 20+ thousand fans.I'm very happy these few days of rest got you through tonight's show without a hitch.Perhaps you need a better Tour promoter or start taking better care of your instrument,maybe? I hope you lost a great deal of money from these missed venues,but you will make it up,I'm sure-unlike the rest of us.All we got to show for being your fans was a flyer handed to us by the workers blocking the entrance or an announcement on the radio,THANK YOU SO MUCH COLDPLAY.You skipping out on these 2 cities is and will be a major set back for you.Mark my words,I highly doubt the attendance will be as high next year or whenever you decide to come back.'See you in Spring 2006'? Nah,I think I will cancel out on that one.

Love, Ex Coldplay fan

Get a fricken grip on reality. Bands cancel all the time! Sh#t happens. Is it so hard to fathom that Chris got sick, his voice was toast, and he was unable to sing??? What’s so hard to comprehend here? If someone were sick and their throat hurt, tell me who in their right mind could tolerate balling their lungs out for a few hours??

I’m seeing them in a few days, and if Chris isn’t healthy I hope they cancel it. I’m anxious to see them play but it’s not worth it if the show is not going to be the same because Chris is ill. If they do cancel, I will just be patient and hopefully catch them in the spring.

Broaden your horizon.