✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

An idea about Talk...

polkahard

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, so if it has, I'm sorry.

But, to me, it seems like the new version of Talk is something that Chris wrote when he found out when he was going to be a father? The beginning of the song,"Oh brother, I can't believe it's true. I'm so scared about the future and I want to talk to you." is really what makes me think that.

Knowing Chris, it's probably about something completely different. But everytime I listen to it, I can't help but think about little Apple. What do you guys think?

To me, this seems to be a song about a young adult who is finding it difficult surviving in the the real world (job, roof over the head, etc.). S/he looks to a friend/brother for advice and that's why they "talk."

Besides, the song says "so you feel like you're going where you've been before" and CM only has one kid that I know of. :huh:

Guest LiquidSky

To make it short...the song is about death..being scared to die and what happens after life... :)

I try to think more of the song than the singer's personal life to be honest

:rolleyes: Because a writer's personal life never spills over to their work.

came out wrong...I meant the music, a lot of the time I usually don' care about the lyrics...may seem silly but I'm more of an instrumental person...so own THAT. :smug: ....man, I am SO pleased you guys have that smiley here!!

yeah, i can see the song being about hearing about becoming a father...whether or not it's actually about that it's a good guess.

i dunno, i got a whole 'look at what a state the world is in brother' vibe when i heard the new talk.

i much prefered the old verson's lyrics.

I try to think more of the song than the singer's personal life to be honest

:rolleyes: Because a writer's personal life never spills over to their work.

came out wrong...I meant the music, a lot of the time I usually don' care about the lyrics...may seem silly but I'm more of an instrumental person...so own THAT. :smug: ....man, I am SO pleased you guys have that smiley here!!

Yep, me too. Both about the instrumental thingy and also about the smileys... This is my fav one --> :D

Shiraz, I think you need to chill a little. :cool: Instrumental as in the lyrics/song being sung is just another line or part of the music. We listen to how the whole song sounds overall so lyrics are not that important ;)