✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Camden New Jersey 080705

ca69maro

Just got back from the show. Nothing less than AMAZING. The best concert in my 30 years of going to shows. From beginning to end just fantastic. Sat like 15 rows just off center. If you have downloaded any of the shows from this tour it was a mirror image.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got home too....wow....best concert ive ever seen....their energy just made the show....i would ive up any other concerts to just see them for the rest of my life....till kingdom come and yellow were amazing....n cant forget everythings not lost...haha....awesome night

It was indeed an awesome show.... every number was excellent and the guys seemed genuinely happy to be onstage. Chris was hilarious and made the whole night that much better.... my only disappointment was no "Twisted Logic" cause it is the "Twisted Logic Tour"... oh, and 35 bucks for a shirt? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

PS: anyone want to let me know if they find this show on the web somewhere in a few days? I want it!!

I just got back too. Here's my basic review.

First of all, I was front row center in the general admission pit. The best place in the house. I never thought I'd have been able to get there, but waiting on line for 3 hours before the gates opened paid off. I was so happy. There were a few assholes in the crowd, with pushing and such, but thats to be expected, especially in general admission areas.

Black Mountain was terrible. Didn't understand a word they were saying. No one really had any stage presence. The drummer and bass player were the only ones who actually seemed to have a pulse. The lead singer looks exactly like Jesus. There was some girl in the group who basically did nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they owed her parents a favor and let her be in the band or something. She just kinda stood there and stomped her foot with the beat. She did play random instruments, such as a cowbell and the tamborene. I don't think any of the keyboard player's equipment was hooked up. Couldn't hear him at all.

Coldplay came out pretty much around standard time. There was no main difference in the regular set lists. So look up any other show, and its the same for this show. (Im just too lazy to retype it). Everything went flawlessly it seemed. "Yellow" was awesome with giant yellow balloons falling from the cieling and being bounced among the crowd. Chris encouraged everyone to pop them to let the confettii out, and didn't finish singing until the last one was popped. "Everything's Not Lost" was dedicated to the tailgaters, which Chris said they had no idea what that was two days ago. Chris was as lively and as energetic as ever. The only mess up was at the begining of "The Hardest Part" when I think Chris sang the wrong lyric. They started again and played it fine. Someone threw a shirt on stage early on in the set and Chris grabbed it, and when the band set up to play "Til Kingdom Come", Chris mentioned the shirt and that it said "Johnny Cash is a Friend of Mine", and then explained the history of the song and its connection to Johnny Cash. During "In My Place", Chris leaped off stage and did a full lap around the entire venue at the end of the song. It was planned because security was in place to run with him, but it was crazy and so unexpected to the fans. He did a full lap around the venue while the band finished the song.

It was amazing. The light show, the band...everything. The entire lawn section was full of people. I was so lucky with where I was. I still can't believe I was right up front. It will take a few days to set in.

Black Mountain was terrible. Didn't understand a word they were saying. No one really had any stage presence. The drummer and bass player were the only ones who actually seemed to have a pulse. The lead singer looks exactly like Jesus. There was some girl in the group who basically did nothing. I wouldn't be surprised if they owed her parents a favor and let her be in the band or something. She just kinda stood there and stomped her foot with the beat. She did play random instruments, such as a cowbell and the tamborene. I don't think any of the keyboard player's equipment was hooked up. Couldn't hear him at all.

It was amazing. The light show, the band...everything. The entire lawn section was full of people. I was so lucky with where I was. I still can't believe I was right up front. It will take a few days to set in.

Hahah oh man you literally read my mind... I said the same thing about Black Mountain.. my friend was also joking the whole time that the lead singer totally reminded her of Jesus! Haha that's pretty funny.. but yeah wow no offense to them, but I really thought Black Mountain were horrible... They didn't seem to be having any fun (besides maybe the drummer or bassist like you said), their songs were incredibly boring and too drawn-out, and the sound sucked... you could barely hear what they were saying.. and it's really funny you mention that the girl seemed to be like she was only in the band because they owed her mom a favor, because I was joking around at the show it was like they picked her up off the street before the show and asked her if she wanted to play some songs with them... she was pretty much pointless in the band! All she did was sing about 5 seconds in a song and play some cowbell...

But Coldplay COMPLETELY blew me away.. i've never gotten such an adrenaline rush during a show before... I was in the pit too, right up at the rail, and I still can't believe I was that close either! I was closer to Johnny's side though... my boyfriend handed Chris Martin the cell phone he started using during the song "Talk"! I still can't believe that, he was right in our faces haha. But wow they were just so incredible live -- Chris was hilarious and had great stage presence and they sounded amazing... I took over 100 pictures so i'll post some soon!

Setlist:

Square One

Politik

Yellow

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Speed Of Sound

Low

The Hardest Part

Everything's Not Lost

White Shadows

The Scientist

Til Kingdom Come

Don't Panic

Clocks

Talk

Encore:

Swallowed In The Sea

In My Place

Fix You

I think that's right....

I have to agree the concert was AMAZING....not a dull moment all night.

I was right up front in the pit! :)

I took some pictures and I will share them soon. Hopefully they'll come out decent since I only used a disposable camera.

I just got back too. Here's my basic review.

First of all, I was front row center in the general admission pit. The best place in the house. I never thought I'd have been able to get there, but waiting on line for 3 hours before the gates opened paid off. I was so happy. There were a few assholes in the crowd, with pushing and such, but thats to be expected, especially in general admission areas.

Coldplay came out pretty much around standard time. There was no main difference in the regular set lists. So look up any other show, and its the same for this show. (Im just too lazy to retype it). Everything went flawlessly it seemed. "Yellow" was awesome with giant yellow balloons falling from the cieling and being bounced among the crowd. Chris encouraged everyone to pop them to let the confettii out, and didn't finish singing until the last one was popped. "Everything's Not Lost" was dedicated to the tailgaters, which Chris said they had no idea what that was two days ago. Chris was as lively and as energetic as ever. The only mess up was at the begining of "The Hardest Part" when I think Chris sang the wrong lyric. They started again and played it fine. Someone threw a shirt on stage early on in the set and Chris grabbed it, and when the band set up to play "Til Kingdom Come", Chris mentioned the shirt and that it said "Johnny Cash is a Friend of Mine", and then explained the history of the song and its connection to Johnny Cash. During "In My Place", Chris leaped off stage and did a full lap around the entire venue at the end of the song. It was planned because security was in place to run with him, but it was crazy and so unexpected to the fans. He did a full lap around the venue while the band finished the song.

nice review...you covered pretty much everything. :)

I agree about Black Mountain. I just couldn't get into their music. It was torture towards the end. :confused:

my boyfriend handed Chris Martin the cell phone he started using during the song "Talk"!

I remember seeing that! that was great. :D

I have to concure with everyone else here. The show last night was absolutely the best concert I've ever been too. And I'm talking all types of musical genres. I was in the lawn section but it didn't matter, still an exciting show.

If anyone recorded the show or finds a bootleg of it I'd definately appreciate a copy.

... yeah the shirts were expensive, but that's the norm at gigs these days. I bought one of those white make trade fair bracelets for a $1 though.

I've seen Pearl Jam and Radiohead sellouts at the E-Center and I think yesterday's concert was the most packed I've ever seen the place. Anyone know what the attendance was?

Usually, I don't like extra "bells and whistles" when I'm at a concert, however, I thought their use of the video board was great.

Hi All,

I'm new to this board. I'd first like to preface this post by saying that I'm a 29 yo who is a developing Coldplay fan. I certainly am no Coldplay expert but I thought I'd add my 2 cents about the concert.

First of all I have to say well done!!! The concert was spicy. Coldplay added a lot of energy which is not present in their CDs and music videos.

Particularly awesome was Clocks! The song alone is surreal. But to be at Tweeter center with the lights and live stage presence almost sent me into Nirvana. Like any band, there are some of those songs that just kinda of blah...but thank God only a couple. Most people were on their feet for all of the concert. I wish I were in the pit! Of course I have the post-concert high, but I'm back working in the hospital day :(

BTW, I have video of Clocks, Yellow, Speed of Sound and a couple of other sounds. Is it legal to share? If it is how do I compress AVI to something more compact?

Cheers all and bravo on a well done show!! :D

It was an amazing gig. I was also in the pit. I saw whoever that was give their cellphone to Chris. That was amazing. My friend got a setlist, we all got picks. If you saw me i was wearing a blue weezer shirt, my GF was wearing a pink muse shirt.

new_pa1.jpg

i have a lot more pictures if your interested...

http://home.comcast.net/~blitzgamez/new_page_2.htm

Hi coldplay world,

Simply, the show last night was out of this world and it helped to solidify coldplay as indeed the best and biggest band on the planet. The great moments for me was at the end of clocks when the whole band was playing as fast as the could. Second, it was cool to see chris slip up a few times and have to drop the f bomb while promising to give out a 25 cent refund to all the fans. Third, when chris said before everythings not lost that "this is for all the apples in the world." Fourth, the lightbulb on the pole was pretty cool at the end of fix you, and finally chris's run around the tweeter center.

All in all an epic show.

I was in the second to last row of the seats, but it was fine. I was surprised with how good the seats were. I saw U2 earlier this year, and I have to say that I thought Coldplay were better. They had an energy that U2 just didn't have.

My favorite part of the show had to be when Chris messed up at the beginning of The Hardest Part. But when he mentioned bringing a cheesesteak hoagie to the Coldplay show during Everything's Not Lost was great, too!

Just one question...does anyone know where Chris actually went when he ran around during In My Place? I completely lost him!

Easily the best concert I've been at. 10/10

Oh, and nflblitz, I think I saw you before the show started. I made a mental note of the Weezer shirt and commented on how Coldplay fans like other great bands, too. :lol:

last night's show

i was in the last row, it wasn't bad at all i had a great time!

during in my place chris ran off the stage to the left (if youre facing the stage) down the side and out the back. he ran down the walkway that seperates the lawn from inside then ran back down along the left wall to the stage.

i have some okay pictures and a video of white shadows with a good view of chris dancing but no idea how to post them

does anyone have some quotes of stuff chris said during the show?

Re: last night's show

during in my place chris ran off the stage to the left (if youre facing the stage) down the side and out the back. he ran down the walkway that seperates the lawn from inside then ran back down along the left wall to the stage.

SO THAT WAS CHRIS THAT RAN BY! :o

Ah...that REALLY makes my day. Too bad I didn't have the cell camera ready then...

hey all

That show was unbelievably amazing...I took so much video its crazy..I was in section 204 row f....The video is ok....Not the best I've seen...But it will take me time to share..Once I transfer the video to my pc, I will post the video for share....I really hope a bootleg of this show makes it surface..Audio and video....Please post all your pics and video files....Loved this show

IT ROCKED MY WORLD

-Matt